The Concert

(Reminder the year is early 1984!!)
( And "y/n" Means "your name" and "P.O.V." Means "Point Of View" )

As we pull into the building that holds the concert my heart drops. My palms become sweaty and my mind goes all over the place. As Rachel finds a parking spot my eyes are stuck to the entrance. People are pouring into the doors and hanging around them. We get out of the car. The cool summer breeze hit my skin causing me to shiver. We start to make our way to the entrance. If I could have a dollar for every time a guy checked me out I'd be rich, holy shit. Guys were yelling and screaming for Metallica from outside. Like I pictured it. But there was only a few girls. Why? I don't know but it really centred Rachel and I out. After we give our tickets to the security at the front of the building, I start to hear loud music coming from the stage. It must be the opening act. As I walk in the lights were off and only red stage lights were on. The opening act was this fast thrash band named "Anthrax." Rachel and I locked arms so we wouldn't get separated or lost in anyway from the crazy, wild crowd. We made our way to the front and stood at the side. Watching Scott Ian play was so incredible. My heart was pounding.

"Thank you! You're such an amazing fucking crowd!!" The whole band says. "NOW WHO'S READY FOR METALLICAA!!!???" Scott yells into the crowd. The whole crowd chanted "YEAHHH!!" While I stood there in shock about to die. Everything went silent for a moment. The stage lights went out and Metallica's intro song began to play.

I felt paralyzed, I knew I was about to cry.

"Are you okay?" Rachel says into my ear.
"I'm so happy" I say back into hers. We both smile at each other and hold each other's arms tighter.

The beginning of "Seek & Destroy" began to play. My heart stopped, my mind stopped and I froze. Kirk Hammett came running out onto the stage right in front of me. I was in shock. His curly brown hair was flopping everywhere. "HOLY FUCK IM SEEING KIRK HAMMETT RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME WHAT THE FUCK" I think to myself on repeat. Then I notice Lars Ulrich on the drums. Holy hell the speed he was playing was giving me goosebumps. His cute little drumming faces made me "AWH" out loud. Then Cliff. Cliff mother fucking Burton. Seeing an angel in real life was truly beautiful. Cliffs head banging was phenomenal. How fast and great he was playing made me lose my mind.

Now this is probably the part where I cry. James Hetfield. He came out with such energy and power. I freeze by staring at him. It's impossible to describe this feeling I'm getting. When he came running out I felt this strong connection. Everything about James is perfect. His smile, his voice, his body and his energy. He was so charismatic, energetic and magnetic. I can't stop staring at James. When I look at him I see the definition of perfection. He was so handsome. A tear fell slowly from my eye just by looking at Metallica. Wow, am I really here? Rachel made sure I was alright and hugged the side me. All the songs they were performing were so fast and amazing.

"ARE YOU FUCKING NUTS TONIGHT????" James screamed into the mic. Even though he was shouting, hearing his voice made me feel so at ease and safe in this building. Even though there's angry teens thrashing in the crowd pushing Rachel and I, I sorta ignored it and focused on my idols. The concert went on and on, song after song and I became starstruck by looking at them. But the more and more I looked at James, the more I fell in love.

"This is our last song, so show us everything you've got!" James shouts out at the crowd.
"Creeping Death" starts and I instantly become sad. Last song? What? I don't want to leave. I'll miss these guys forever if they leave.
James came over and started playing in front of us. His presence was so close causing my stomach to turn.
Later the song ended and all the stage lights came on.

"Thank you so much for being the most amazing crowd yet! We love you goodnight!" James says thanking the crowd. Rachel and I stayed at the side till everyone got out because no way in hell would we make it out together if we left from all the people pouring out. I begin to feel sad. I don't want to leave. I don't want Metallica to leave.