Epilogue- "Kitten?"

Start from the beginning

"Where to next, boys?" She asked. They had lately been jumping from place to place each day, sometimes having a destination in mind, and sometimes not.

She saw the glance that the two gave each other. She quirked an eyebrow when she noticed the silent conversation that was being made.

Shaggy and Scooby had noticed just how close they were to KISSWorld. Not one of the Scooby gang members had been back to the park ever since the Crimson Witch mystery.

The boy and dog thought it would be fun to go back to the park and experience it for real, with no scary witches trying to end the world. They also remembered how Rory did not get to experience any of it since she had been so tied up with that night's events. Scooby and Shaggy thought she at least deserved to see it for what it was- a super/awesome theme park made by the biggest rock band in the world.

"We were thinking...er, well, wethoughtitwouldbefuntogotokissworld," Shaggy let out in a rush. He and Scooby both were extremely nervous for how Rory was going to react.

Like always, she was full of surprises.

The girl stood blinking at the two for a moment while they held their breaths. Maybe she hadn't understood Shaggy?

"Sure. Let's do it."

Now it was Scooby and Shaggy's turn to stare at the brunette. They did not expect her to actually agree.

After it sank in, the two jumped up hooping and hollering. They were beyond excited to go on some roller coasters. Better yet, they were excited to eat their weight in festival food.

Rory watched the two jumping around with a smile. She loved nothing more than seeing those she cared about happy.

In truth, Rory was caught off guard at first. She wasn't sure if she was ready to go back to the place where she had met KISS, and where she discovered her feelings for Catman.

But she had to face the reality that she may never see him again. Or see any of them ever again for that matter.

She knew she could not let this affect the rest of her life. She still had Scooby and Shaggy. She also still had Fred, Velma, and Daphne. So maybe it was time to move on, and the way to do it was now standing in front of her.

She was going to go back to KISSworld with her head held high, and have fun with two of her best friends in the world.

Rory cackled as Shaggy grabbed her hand and Scooby tugged on her shirt so that they could pull her onto her feet. They goofed off around the bonfire, living in the moment, until Rory screeched, "Shaggy, your pants are on fire!"

Now the trio were frantically running around, trying to keep Shaggy from being bar-b-que'd alive. No matter what, they wouldn't have a night spend anywhere else any other way.

——-

The next day, the Mystery Machine pulled up to the entrance of the park. Scooby and Rory barreled out before Shaggy could even put the van in park.

Walking to the entrance, the trio were relieved to hear normal laughter coming from inside, rather than screams of panic.

Rory found it almost weird when they entered the park normally, and without sneaking in behind a certain blonde woman's back.

As soon as they got in, Shaggy and Scooby started sprinting to the concession stands, leaving Rory in the dust yelling after them, "save some for me, goofballs!"

Rory looked around in wonder at all the magnificent rides and lights surrounding her. KISSWorld hadn't changed a bit, except for now there were people milling about everywhere.

Her face then fell into sadness as the thoughts she tried to keep at bay returned. She couldn't help but think about KISS, especially Catman. What would it have been like if he was here?

Rory closed her eyes for a moment as she tried to collect herself. She was going to be happy for Shaggy and Scooby.

If the brunette had not closed her eyes, she may have not missed the faint glowing forms landing behind a nearby booth. Spectators looked around in curiosity, wondering if there was a firework show going on, but they didn't see anything in the sky.

Opening her eyes, Rory took a deep breath as she stepped forward to go find her friends. Before she could advance forward, though, her breath hitched when she felt a hand being gently placed onto her shoulder and she heard a voice she would recognize anywhere.

"Kitten?"

______________________

I'm going to be real, I actually feel pretty evil with this cliffhanger XD

But you know what that means? I am going to have to make a PART 2!!!!!

I don't know what that is going to entail yet, but it's coming!!

I can't believe this is it for this story, though. I never thought I would be finishing my first Wattpad story!

I can't express my thanks enough for the support I have received from several of you <3 I owe this story to y'all!!!!!! I would never have finished this if it wasn't for all the kind words y'all have sent my way. I cherish each and every like and comment.

I love, love, love y'all, my dudes <3

Don't forget to check out my other works. I have several just starting out- Tyson (Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters,) Robin Jones (We Bought a Zoo,) Jake Pearson (Aliens in the Attic,) and Seth Plummer (The Pacifier).

Until the next part.......HAPPY READING!