CHAPTER 18

Abhi was getting ready for his first date with Akshu. When he was about to leave his room he got a call. He smiled once he saw the caller id.

"Hello uncle!"

"Hi Abhimanyu. How are you?"

"Yaa. I am good. So when are you coming back to India?"

"Anytime soon. It's been a while since I called you right? I always hear the news of your achievements. I am so proud of you son!"

"It's all because of your blessings uncle! How's Neevan and aunty?"

"They are still in London. He is doing his post graduation there right?"

"Okay but ask him to come back. I am missing him."

"Sure beta. Take care!"

Abhi cut the call. Neeraj uncle was his father's best friend. After the accident he always enquired about his well being and gave him his full support once he stepped into the business world. His wife Neeta aunty is a doctor and he has got only one son Neevan Mehta who is also a doctor in London.

All the while he realized that he was getting late and went out to pick Akshara from her residence.

* * * *

Akshu texted that she was waiting in front of the café near to her apartment. She was not feeling good. Hence she just decided to have a coffee before their meeting.

Why he called me? What is it that he wants to tell me?

She had no idea. Her mind was not in her control. It was filled with thoughts about Akshay and Aarti. She was totally feeling restless. His face was haunting her. She was his best friend but what was the use of this so called friendship when she sits there silently and allows his and Aarti's killers to roam around freely?

"I need to find them!" She said with a determination.

It was then she heard the sound of Abhi's car. He waved at her from the other side of the road. She smiled and stood up and started walking towards him.

She felt peace as she saw him; she felt like she finally found someone who knows her in the midst of an unknown crowd.

"Hi Akshu."

"Hi Abhi. How are you?"

"Good. And thank you so much for waiting. Can we move?"

"Yaa. But where are we going?"

"It's  a surprise." Saying this he opened the door for her and she got in.

"So how was the trip?" he asked while driving to break the awkward silence between them.

"Ha?" Akshu didn't heard his question clearly as her mind was not there at the moment.

"The trip Akshu. How was it? You and Arohi had fun?"

She fell silent again after hearing the question.

"The trip was okay Abhi."

But he felt like she is not all okay at the moment.

"You know Akshu, I always wanted to tell you something. You are an amazing human being. I mean I never thought that meeting someone can be a blessing but our meeting, it was something that totally changed my life."

Akshu looked at him with a surprised face.

"I really mean it Akshu. I mean when I am with you I feel a kind of peace. Something that I lost years ago."

"Abhi, why are you . . ."

"Let me complete Akshu. I know I am saying all these out if blue but trust me I mean each and every word that I am saying right now. The Abhimanyu Birla wouldn't have been so open to someone few months ago but the person sitting next to you is Abhi- a man with soul and heart."