"I'm not drinking tea. It tastes like roots and leaves and—"

"Please," I pleaded and gave my best puppy dog eyes. It works on everybody except for Taya. That woman has a steel heart. "It would really mean a lot to me if you join in."

He frowned and after a few good seconds, he sighed and nodded at me. "Fine, I'll drink tea."

"Thank you so much!"

Martin was taken aback from his response. "Well, I'll be. I never imagined you agreeing drinking anything else other than alcohol. And all it took some sweeten up from Grace here."

He rolled his eyes and ignored him. George came in carrying a tray with a small teapot and cup. "I hope you'll like this tea, Ms. Grace."

"Could you get three more cups for us, George? Grace here wants us to join her tea time."

"Including me, sir?" he asked and he eyed me to confirm he understood it right.

"Yes, if you're not busy that is." I replied.

George had a small smile in his face and he looked happy being invited. "I'll go get the cups then." and he left the room in a hurry.

James Ryder decided to sit down on the bed next to me while Martin pulled up two chairs. George came back with the cups and together we drank our tea. At first, the young actor didn't like the taste but after I added honey and lemon juice, he began drinking his tea without complaints.

Martin lowered his cup and spoke. "Can you believe it, George? Jim here is actually drinking tea."

"Oh, it is a sight to see, Sir." He agreed and smiled. "It's truly good."

James Ryder scoffed and shook his head. "You guys act like it some miracle or something."

"It is!" Martin exclaimed and his eyes turned to me. "And it's all thanks to Grace here. You know, I'm starting to feel good about her being here. Despite of what happened a while ago. Even Lucy can't do that." He murmured the last part but it was loud enough for me to hear. James gave him a deadpanned look and continued on drinking his tea. 

I frowned from what Martin said. Lucinda Wright is James Ryder's girlfriend. Aren't girlfriends suppose to care for their boyfriends well-being? Why would he let him drink his sorrows away? I know I don't know her personally but her uncaring nature towards him doesn't sit well with me.

"Hey." I snapped out of my thoughts when James Ryder called my attention. "What got you thinking so deep?"

"Nothing. I'm just thinking about my friends and family. That's all." I said quietly. Mom and Dad are probably worried sick about me. Taya would probably be worried too. I'm pretty sure the guys at the bookshop would feel guilty. What'll happen if they don't find me in the river? 

"I'll try to ask for help. In the meantime, you can stay here until we can find your family. How's that?" Martin grinned and his eyes trained on the actor. "Sounds swell, right Jim?"

James was about to say something when the doorbell rang. George excused himself to get the door. I could hear a familiar woman's voice in the hallway and I knew exactly who it was.

"James darling, I'm here. Congratulations are in order— Oh, I see you're starting the celebration." standing in the doorway was Lucinda Wright. Gosh, they weren't kidding when they said she's beautiful. She's like a goddess. Her long hair was dark like the night sky. Soft curls rest on her delicate shoulders. High cheekbones and pointed nose. Smooth fair skin with a touch of pink blush. Eyes that are blue as the clear blue sky. Her well-defined cupid bow lips were glistening in coated red. Her navy blue shirtwaist dress complimented her slim figure. She was wearing white gloves for her small hands. White pearls on her slender neck with matching pearl earrings. She raised her eyebrow. "I'm sorry but I believe we haven't met before. May I know your name, lovely?"

"M-My name is Grace Michaels." I stuttered. My cheeks flushed in embarrassment. I was in awestruck with her beauty. 

"Well, it's very nice to meet you, Grace Michaels. I do wonder what are you doing in my darling's house."

I ignored the small prick inside of me when she addressed him as her darling. For some reason, I didn't like her calling him that. "Uh... Well... You see—" 

"She somehow got into an accident and found her wet by my pool." James Ryder said nonchalantly taking a sip from his cup.

"And how did she get into the pool? Also, are you drinking tea?" her eyes widened in surprise. "You never drink my tea before. And I wish someone would have asked first before making it and drinking it." Lucinda Wright glared at George. 

He lowered his head in shame and carefully placed down his cup. "My apologies—"

"I'm sorry." I cut him off and remained eye contact with her. George furrowed his eyebrows. "I was the one who ask for the tea. I didn't know it was yours. I was also the one who asked them to drink with me. If there's someone you should get mad at, it's me not him."

She was shock. Forget about what I said about her beauty. I didn't like the way she spoke to George. She talks to him as if she's beneath him. No one deserves to be treated that way. She regained her composure and cleared her throat. "I see. Well, apology accepted. The next time George you should drink in your quarters, alright?"

"Why?" I asked out loud.

"I beg your pardon?"

"Why does he need to go there just to drink tea? I don't see the logic in that."

Lucinda Wright scoffed while maintaining the strain smile on her face. "Because that is where he should be, silly! He shouldn't be with us here right now."

I'm not a violent person but after what she just said all I want is to dump my tea on her head. I can't believe I'm actually witnessing this with my own eyes. If Taya was here, she would give her a piece of her mind. George doesn't deserve that. 

"Lucy," Martin began and set his cup down. He threw a quick glance at me saying I got this. "Grace wanted him to join. It's her way of thanking him for bandaging her wounded knee. And she asked our permission and we didn't see any problem with it. Right, James?"

"Yes, no problem at all. George is always welcome to join us. He's also a part of this house." He stated firmly. Leaving no room for further discussion.

She hummed in response and nodded. "Very well. Now darling, I'm dying to know what made you drink something other than whiskey? You won't even drink water when being asked."

"Oh, you should thank Grace here." Martin smiled; gently patting my hand. "She was the one who convinced him."

"She... convinced you? Her?" 

"It's not so bad. She added honey and lemon juice so I was able to drink it." He shrugged.

"I also do that but you wouldn't even dare take a sip. I believe you said 'like hell I will'."

He sighed heavily and looked at her. "Just leave it, alright? It's just tea."

She frowned and nodded. Her attention was now on me. "So, Grace. Are you leaving soon?"

"She's not going anywhere." James Ryder stated and his eyes were on me. "She's staying here with me."