"As I recall, I believe I didn't need saving when I had one more step into hell."

"Big mouth for a youngster."

"What can I say, I love to take care of the elderly." Toji shrugged off with the insults and the intense questioning from the old man. He was about to ask again, but the girl from before, who had yet to leave the ring, had started shaking the moment he appeared. Now, furious at being ignored so easily, she stomped one foot down and pointed her wooden sword towards him. "Stop ignoring me, you bastard!"

Both Toji and the man paused their conversation to look at the little girl.

"Shush, brat. The adults are talking right now." Said Toji.

"I don't care! You're here interrupting my fucking training with your fucking presence. Obviously, you're in a fucking forest, in a fucking camp, you fucking fuck!" The little girl shouted with all your might. She panted with her rant finally ended having the Toji staring at her with blank face.

"Are you done yet?" Toji asked. "I don't think I haven't heard much cursing from a little brat like yourself. No wonder you're getting knocked down like the weakling you are."

A wooden sword stopped him before he could leave. The girl held her sword before him. "No, wait," she said, smiling cruelly. "You think that you can talk down on me and walk away and leave?!"

"That's what I'm doing am I, brat?" Toji replied smugly.

"Then, how about you show me just how much 'stronger' you really are, huh?" Challenged the girl.

He sighed. "Do we have to do this? There's nothing fun about beating a child, not to mention unarmed."

"Then I guess you're fucked, aren't you?" the girl laughed, swinging for his head. It was a good blow, a fast blow – and aimed well.

It cracked loudly against the palm of his hand.

The girl gasped. "What!?"

The hilt, wood and leather, slammed back into her stomach as he rammed the sword back down into her. She fell with a gasp, releasing it as he twisted it to the side and around, hauling her toward him and over one knee. The girl made an impressive somersault before landing on her back in a cloud of dust. She stared at the sky in shock, and then the tip of the practice blade as it rested against her throat.

"Are we done now?" he asked, aware of the laughter of the crowd. She was too if her red cheeks were any indication.

"Fuck you," she snarled, swatting the sword away. She rolled onto her feet and dashed for her trainer, stealing the man's sword as he sighed and shook his head. He'd hand it to her; she had a high pain tolerance. Most kids her age would have been in tears after having the wind blown out of them like that. Guts didn't really cut it though, and he wasn't in the mood to play nice.

No one got away with that.

She swung in and slashed down towards his face, crying out as she did. His own blade moved to block it and he saw her muscles tense for the impact. At the last second, he pulled back and feinted, stepping aside. The girl, so certain she'd make contact, over extended and stumbled. She managed to keep her balance, or at least did so until he hooked his toes behind her foot and swept it away.

The crowd laughed again as she hit the dust. She slapped a hand down angrily and rolled to the side, standing and charging once more. One, two, three wild slashes were dodged with relative ease, even if he could have deflected them. On the third he slipped around and rapped her knuckles, earning a yelp from her as she dropped her weapon. She caught it on a foot, kicked it back up, and would have caught it if not for him catching it on the blade of his instead. With a casual flick, he sent it back to the trainer from before, who caught it with a gruff laugh.

"We're done now," he said, holding the blade under her chin. He made it a statement and not a question this time. "You're not bad, especially for your age, but you really need to learn to control that temper of yours." Hotheads are usually the easiest opponents to kill when to come to hunts. "Preferably before someone controls it for you. Permanently."

"Fuck you, you piece of shit. I'll tear off your head and-"

"And that mouth," he said, smacking her none-too-gently on the head. She fell onto her knees with a gasp. "Talking like that doesn't make you strong. It makes you sound like an idiot."

"Exactly," a voice from behind called. The girl before him gasped and went white and the crowd watching became silent. "Actions speak louder than words, as I've told you time and time before. If you want to run your mouth, you'd best be prepared to back it up, because I won't be there to help you when you fight someone you can't defeat. And your language does not make you strong. It impresses no one, least of all me."

The girl looked to be on the verge of tears. "I-I'm sorry...I..."

"Apologies are for the weak, Vernal. Grow strong or get out of my sight."

Toji looked over to the girl named Vernal ran away to a tent to vent out her frustration. His attention went over to the woman that seem like the leader of this group. 'Skilled' he thought to himself. 'Strong' he thought to himself. 'And downright hot'......he thought to himself as well.

This is the woman that was in front of him. The leader of the bandit group, Raven Branwen.