35

Mias POV:
I sat tight lipped at the bar, watching through my fuzzy eyesight as Charles had a heated conversation with his friend. Pierre noticed the commotion and joined in, of course, him being attached to Charles's hip.

'You're okay, he didn't touch you did he?' Lewis asked, sliding my drink to me.

'I made the first move.' I rolled my eyes.

'That's a dangerous game to play in a room full of overprotective drivers.' He said, moving to sit besides me, leaning back and watching the show.

'All of you need to calm down.'

'Charles is protecting you on behalf of your brother, wherever he is.' Lewis said.

I grimaced at the comparison of Charles to my brother, especially because I planned on fucking Charles, but didn't say a word. Charles headed outside with the man I was dancing with, and Pierre headed over to me.

'Everything good?' He asked me, leaning his arm against the bar, his eyebrows furrowed nervously.

'I'm so fine, why does everyone keep asking?' I asked, confused.

'You know what were like, Mia.' Yuki joined in.

'Don't you take his side.' I chuckled.

'Wait until Mad Max finds out.' He laughed.

My face dropped and I looked over at Max, who'd heard his name be mentioned and put his drink down, coming over to us.

'Nobody. Tell. him.' I said firmly.

Lando, who had drunk way too much, and also decided to get in my bad books for the day, grabbed Max by the arm, leaning in to talk to him.

'There's a man outside, with Charles. Was dancing all over Mia.' He said, a smirk on his face as he did so.

Max nodded, not even saying a word before heading off for the back doors. I knew Charles wouldn't have hit him, he needed to keep the friend image going. Max, however, wouldn't even hesitate.

I finished up with my drink and waited for Charles to come back, surprised to see him with a smile on his face. I thought that we were still keeping our distance in public, but clearly not, as he stopped infront of the stool I was sitting on, placing his hands on my thighs.

Lewis raised his eyebrows, looking away as if he'd seen something he wasn't meant to, and Pierre looked at me with a grin.

'What happened to acting friendly?' I asked, my heart fluttering.

'Danny isn't here.' He mumbled, linking his hand with mine.

'But his friends are.' I said in a duh tone.

I could tell he wasn't listening to me, his piercing stare, just for a second, stopping me from thinking about how close he was to me.

'Your eyes remind me of the ocean.' He said, his gaze tight on my face as if he was worried I'd disappear if I looked away.

'Why? Because they're blue?' I asked, humouring him.

'Because you're hypnotic. Flowing with strength but I'd let myself drown in you all the same.' He explained, rubbing his thumb along my leg.

Woah

'Let's go, Charles.' I said, clearing my throat and standing up, smoothing down my shirt and reaching for his hand.

'Not so fast, you wanna dance. We'll dance.' He said, taking my hand, holding it above his head as he spun me softly, pulling me close to his body.

'Sorry to disappoint, but I didn't wanna dance with you.' I said, my breath catching in my throat when he subtly pulled me closer.