Chapter Nine: PAPA

"Steve says you need to hurry!" Erica yells as she runs to the back room

"Yeah? No shit!" Dustin yelled as they frantically tried to find a tape.

"We're trying."

"We can't find anything!" Gabby yelled back.

"What is all this shit?" Robin asked Eddie.

"What are you even looking for?" Eddie said as he dropped more tapes onto the bed.

"Madonna, Blondie, Bowie, Beatles? Music! We need music!" Robin yells while fumbling with the tapes.

Snatching the tapes out of Robin's hands he yells, "This is music!"

"Son of a... God!"

Later on, the group had then come back together and Nancy calmed herself down and began explaining what she had seen when Vecna had taken her into a trance.

"He showed me things that haven't happened yet," she spoke, hoarsely. "The most awful things. I saw a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire. Dead soldiers. And this... giant creature with a gaping mouth. And this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters. An army. And they were coming into Hawkins. Into our neighborhoods. Our homes."

The vibe in the room grew even worse, the group realizing that one slip up now could cause this all to happen, "And then... he showed me my mom. And Holly, Mike. And they... they were all..." She didn't even have to say it because if she did, she would have broken down crying.

"Okay, but... he's just trying to scare you, Nance," Steve reassured her. "Right? I mean... I mean, it's not real."

"Not yet. But there... There was something else he showed me gates. Four gates. Spreading across Hawkins. And these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer, but... they didn't stop growing. And this wasn't Upside Down Hawkins, it was our Hawkins. Our home."

"Four chimes," Max spoke up. "Vecna's clock. It always chimes four times. Four exactly."

"I heard them too." Nancy breathed.

"He's been telling us his plan this whole time," Max said causing Gabby to realize something.

"Four kills..."

"Four gates," Lucas spoke, quietly. "End of the world."

"If that's true.." Dustin began. "he's only one kill away."

"Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ." Eddie groaned, his head falling into his hands.

"Try them again," Steve ordered. "Try them again." Gabby and Max went to the phone, dialing up the number to the Byer's home in California, but again nothing.

"Nothing?" Dustin questioned, Gabby nodded. "It rang a few times and then went to a busy signal," she explained.

"Maybe you punched it in wrong." Steve suggested, which resulted in a side eye from Gabby.