Chapter 38: Broken Hearted

Börja om från början

(Y/n) gritted her teeth and closed her eyes to compose herself. As much as she wanted to be angry at her, she could tell Mina didn't know and that was evident from the time on the rooftop. (Y/n) remembered hearing Mina say that she didn't want to be more involved than spying on her, but that doesn't negate the fact that she was involved at all.

"I know it was cowardly of me, but I forced my brother to live with my mom and I in Shibuya to get out of your hair. It's not an apology but it was the best way to bail my brother out and leave you two alone for good," the brunette explained and crossed her arms in the process, "But now you're here... Listen, I'm willing to apologize and make amends. I'll even talk or let the Haitani brothers beat me shitless for everything my brother has caused... agh—! What I'm trying to say..."

She trailed off as (y/n) rose a brow and stared at her as if she's crazy. The hell is she trying to get at?

"You weren't apart of their mess and... you're a good person. I feel guilty," Mina huffed, "Because of that, I don't want you to be involved in this— with my mother. I'm sure you probably heard of her, Hirose Kasumi."

The (e/c)-eyed girl blinked. That woman earlier... was one of her role models? The reason her style and technique came about? Her inspiration to pursue fashion in the first place?

Mina stared at the awestruck expression before sighing in realization, "So you do... Don't be fooled by her, though. She's not what she seems. She's the one person I fear the most— even more than my father or brother. That's why I want you out of here while you still can."

At that, the (y/h) girl furrowed her brows in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"She's a professor here at Bunka and wants to save face and make me the next heir to her name," the hazel-eyed female said, "She's the one who suggested today's event so she can introduce me to the other professors."

"Which reminds me," (y/n) interjected, "When you were at club, I thought you didn't know how to sew?"

"I don't really," Mina responded and glanced over to the older female faking politeness in the distance, "Again, it's just to show off. The actual competition itself, I think will all be my mom's work and I have to pretend that it was mine."

"That's unfair. Do you even want to do this?" (Y/n) questioned and the anger she felt earlier sparked and rekindled to a flame once more.

"No, of course I don't. Don't you understand? I'm terrified of my mother for a reason," Mina spoke, the volume of her voice increasing in intensity, "She will do anything to get her way. She sabotaged her way to get where she's at now— she married a Yakuza boss, for heaven's sake! There's no hesitation that she won't outright hurt you. Unlike the other people here, I feel sorry for what I did and I want to make it up to you—"

"If you feel sorry, you should let me deal with this on my own and you should go apologize to Rindo," the (h/c)-nette spat venomously, "You told me you're not apart of this competition, your mom is. So I'm competing against her, not you."

"Dammit, (l/n), what don't you get? She's willing to hurt you, even go as far as ruining your future career! Stop being so prideful and protect yourself. I'm trying to help."

"You sound a lot like, Rindo, you know that?" (Y/n) crossed her arms. The scenario strangely felt like déjà vu when Rindo warned her not to anger his brother so long ago, "It seems like you're not listening to me. I don't fucking care, let me get hurt. Even if I lose, even if I can't pursue my dreams anymore, that is up to me."

With one final glare, the (y/h) teen turned and began to walk away. However, she stopped to glance over her shoulder at the brunette.

"For all the wrongdoings you've done to me, I can live and forget about it. What I won't forgive is what you and your brother has done to Rindo," she muttered in contempt, "If you want to apologize, come with me after this is all over so you can apologize to him. I'll see you then, Ogawa Mina."