Chapter 3

As Youwen arrives in the palace he quickly moves Wei Ying to his room and Wen Ning assists them, but he is appalled by the current appearance of his master. He's acting as a dummy on his master's bed so if in case Wen Qing check Wei Ying, she will though that he soundly speaking, but he didn't expect that Youwen will escort him from the outside.

"Quick! Call the doctor and ask them to check him!" Youwen asked Wen Ning.

Wen Ning discreetly looks for the imperial doctor as Youwen instructed and he doesn't want to feel the wrath of his sister as well. The doctor check Wei Ying and told them that he just loses consciousness and soundly sleeping. Youwen dismissed the doctor and threat him to never mentioned this to anyone, fearing his life the doctor pledge not to tell anyone.

Youwen also dismissed Wen Ning and he knows him that he's a friend of Wei Ying and can be trusted. He sits beside him and observe him while sleeping, he's really worried about him when he received a message that he had and accident and not waking up, so he finished his work as soon as possible. He needs to investigate who dared to hurt Wei Ying and even tried to assassinate him, maybe it is really time for him to accept the position of Minister of War to protect Wei Ying as well.

It feels like he is still alone in this palace even though he has Wen Qing and Wen Wing, this is because of their heartless and puppet emperor. He didn't deserve a man like Wei Ying, he valuable, a dominant omega, a loveable and intelligent person, he grew up with him, so he knew how Wei Ying attracted to the emperor, even though it is a one-sided love. If possible, he should have hide him from the Wen's family and became his husband instead, he grabs his hands and kissed it.

"I don't want you to suffer, I'll always be at your back, protecting you even if you hate me in the future."

Lan Zhan went back to the palace together with his brother and Xue Yang, he told them what happened and asked them to give him some time to investigate Wei Ying after their marriage.  For some reason he wanted to give him a benefit of a doubt.

-----------------------

Wei Ying woke up with headache and hang over, so he's craving for some spicy soups to cure his hang over but an unexpected visitors came, his older sister, Jiang Yanli and his younger brother, Jiang Cheng. Wen Ning informs him that he has visitors, and he assists them inside, as they enter the room Yanli ran towards Wei Ying to tightly hug him.

"A-xian, are you alright? What happened? Everyone knows that you are a good swimmer." Yanli asked, even though Wei Ying changed because of his training as the future Empress, it doesn't change the fact that he was loved by his sister and brother.

"Ah, erm, I'm okay now, I don't actually know what happened either," Xiao Zhan said. Wen Ning explained everything to Yanli and Jiang Cheng what happened after he woke up; it seems he cannot recall some of his memories. Even though he is craving for spicy soup, his Shije Yanli also cooked him some lotus rib soup and thought that it's not that bad, maybe because it was Wei Ying's favorite food that's it is good with his palate.

Jiang Cheng and Yanli left the room to meet the emperor, they discussed about the upcoming wedding of the two, since he had an accident, they move the celebration and still waiting for the arrival of the other Yunmeng Jiang clan. Just before the celebration they will have a Ministry meeting to welcome the new Minister of War, of course Lan Zhan already expected who might this be.

After the pledges of the new Minister of War, he quickly visits Wei Ying to his palace and give respect to give his oath his loyalty to the future Empress of the empire. Youwen asked Wen Ning to announce his presence to Wei Ying, but before Youwen went inside, Wen Ning explained their relationship and told them that it his childhood friend.