And right then, Steve promised her than when he'd marry her, he'd let her do everything she wants.

Freya had looked at him with wide eyes. ''when you'll marry me? You'll marry me?'' she had asked frantically, making Rogers blush as he realised.

''Yes, of course I'll marry you. If you want to marry me, atleast.'' he had said confidently. ''I would like that.'' the Goddess had replied with a grin.

''Then I'll make sure to ask you soon, I promise.'' Steve had countered back, wearing the same grin on his face.

Right now, that felt like years ago. The pure fear and stress was now completely taking over Freya's body.

''It's okay, hero.'' the Goddess replies with a sad smile as the tears now run freely down her cheeks. ''We'll meet again.'' she says, quoting their song.

''I know, and I'll buy you a house, one of those with a white picket fence.'' the Captain says, making Freya stiff a sob coming from her mouth.

''Yeah? What else?'' The Goddess of Love and War asks with a sad chuckle. ''We'll have kids, if that's what you want. Maybe 4, or 5.'' Steve says, his eyes full of fear as he sees the ice nearing before him.

''I'd love that.'' Freya says softly, another sob escaping from her mouth. ''And we'll have date nights at the Stork Club every Saturday.'' Steve continues sadly.

''And at our wedding we'll play our song.'' Freya adds in, her eyes painfully shut as tears still escape from them.

''I love you, Freya.'' Steve finally says. ''I love you too, hero.'' the Goddess replies with a sob. ''I'll love you forever.' She continues.

''Forever, wow.'' Rogers says with a chuckle, making Amelia sniffle.

''That's a long ti-''

That was it.

Freya's heart drops as static rumbles take over her ears. ''Stevie?'' she tries as she puts a hand before her mouth.

''Steve?'' the Goddess tries again, this time more desperately. ''Steve!''

Nothing.

Freya let's herself fully go, full blown sobs escaping her mouth as tears freely run down her cheeks. The Goddess slowly slides unto the cold floor, her heart beating two hundred miles minute.

No matter what she does, Freya cannot stop crying.

Her breathing gets staggered and it feels as though the walls are closing in on her. It feels as though she's dying.

If death is coming to get her, then let it be, the Goddess thinks. Let her be with Steve.

⭑ ⭑ ⭑