The Nightmare

"Alice? Baby is that you?"

"Mom? Dad? Grandma? Where are you?"

"Over here Alice. Follow the voices."

I got up from the ground and started walking, listening in on the voices around me. Why was I on the ground anyway? I walked through the dark, trying to find my way.

"Alice, you're going the wrong way!"

I turned around and began jogging.

"Still the wrong way!"

"I don't know what way you want me to go!"

"That's because you're stupid, oblvious and just mentally retarded. Why couldn't you have been more like Stacy? At least she cared for your grandmother and mother. How about you show some respect and try harder."

Those words hurt, but I've heard them before. I kept walking until I found myself running into a door. I found the handle and twisted it. All of a sudden I was in a room with only one light in it. I saw three figures sitting in a row, with there backs faced me. I walked up to one of the chairs and turned it around. It was my father, but he had a hood over his face. I pulled it down, and jumped backwards, away from him. He had his eyes cut out, and was holding them in his hands. He threw them at me, and soon enough I was being tackled onto the ground by the three figures, all of them had their eyes cut out and were throwing them at me. I screamed, and for some reason, I fell out of a... bed?

-

I screamed and rolled out of my bed. Funny, I don't remember going to sleep in my bed. I opened my eyes and looked around frantically. Then my eyes focused on two figures looming over me. One of them reached out and turned on my light, and I realized it was Dan and Phil. I sighed and tried to get up, but I guess I had hurt my ankle when I fell because when I tried to get up, I fell back down, but this time into Dan's arms.

"I should call an ambulance."

"No, just take me to the hospital your selves. I can't stand ambulances. They freak me out."

"Alright. Phil, help me carry her out the th car."

Dan picked me up bridal style and carried me out of my room while Phil got our coats and opened the door. Dan carried me down the stairs and out into the night. Phil opened the back seat door and Dan placed me down. I didn't put my seatbelt on, but instead laid down. I knew I wasn't going back to sleep, because once I'm awake, I can't go back to sleep.

"Alice, what was your nightmare about?"

"Um, just my family. My dead family who could care less about me."

I had whispered the last part, but Phil caught on. He turned to me and smiled that amazing smile. I gave one back and looked back up to the car ceiling.

After about what felt like forever, we finally reached the hospital. Dan helped me inside, while Phil got out before us and told the receptionist that I had an injury. She called a doctor down, and he came and got me, giving me a wheelchair. He pushed me down into a room, Dan and Phil following close behind. We got to the room and he lifted me up onto the bed in there. He did some x-rays on my ankle, and it turns out I had fractured it. I had to walk with crutches for about two weeks. This should be fun.

After the doctor assigned me to a pair of crutches, Dan and Phil took me home. When we got there, Phil made me a cup of tea, and they both ended up staying up with me all night, until I had fallen asleep in Dan's arms.