"Would you mind us joining you lot?"

Sirius hopped on Severus' lap and said, "Sure ladies, I think we have enough room for you."

Remus switched seats to join the other three boys while the girls thanked them profusely before taking their seats.

Severus sat near the window with Sirius very comfortably on his lap. James sat next to Severus and Remus by James' side, Lovegood was sat opposite to Severus followed by Prewett.

Severus observed Sirius' hands. The boy was wearing the ring that Severus gifted them for Christmas. When Severus thought about it, all three of them were wearing their ring. An indescribable warmth pooled in his chest as he realised that.

Shaking his head to bring himself back to his observation he noticed how Sirius' nails lacked any care. It irked Severus that his nails looked so messy, if only the boy took care of his nails then the already nice hands would be gorgeous. Squinting his eyes, Severus decided that he would make his desire come true. He summoned his nail care kit and grabbed Sirius' hand. Without uttering a word he worked on the boys hands.

He noticed how Sirius froze as he began, pausing for a moment, Severus asked, "You don't mind, do you?"

Smiling, Sirius replied, "No, go ahead and work your magic. This is the first time I'm getting my nails done and I'm happy that its you."

Severus smirked, then he continued his mission to the quiet chatter of the other people in the compartment.

^_^^_^^_^

How gorgeous! Severus thought, as he marveled at the masterpiece called Sirius' fingers.

Severus had cut and filed the boys nails, trimming his cuticles and applying top coat to give them some shine. He nudged Sirius to get his attention. The boy looked down at his hands and gasped dramatically.

"Bloody hell Sev! My hands look amazing! I could fall in love with my hands right now, Prongs look. My hands look so much better than yours!"

James grabbed Sirius' hands and observed them, narrowing his eyes in the process. Then he sighed in defeat.

"You're so lucky, and unfortunately right. It's only cause Sev did your nails."

^_^^_^^_^

Somehow, Severus ended up opening a nail salon in the compartment. His last customer was Prewett.

Sirius whistled in awe as Severus finished his work on the girls nails.

Then he whined, "Hey! Why didn't you use colour on me?"

Chuckling, Severus replied, "I didn't think you'd like it so I just applied top coat. Next time I'll add colour."

Nodding in satisfaction, Sirius went back to nagging James.

With her fingers spread out in front of her Prewett said, "This is wonderful Snape! Where in the world did you learn this?"

He felt his ears heat up at the compliment, then he shrugged his shoulders.

"I kind of picked it up."

As a person that loved Potions, he had to take care of his hands to prevent them from interfering with his work, thus leading him to experimenting with nail care. He only recently started creating designs with colour, and that was because McGonagall volunteered to allow him to do some nail art on her nails.