Movement must come with consequence

Start from the beginning

"Speaking of Brienne, where is she?" Looking around, you double-checked that she was not in the field, you couldn't miss her figure if she was nearby.

"She was back to her quarter for washing and changing. I'm going back too after putting them back." He nodded his jaw toward the racks with all kinds of weapons.

"Oh, then I must be too late. Do you think she would have time to spare in the tavern this evening?" Disappointedly, the corners of your lips dropped, and you clutched the bag to your chest.

"Um, actually, you can come with me, if you would like that? The fort is just nearby, and it won't take long for both of us to freshen up. In fact, I think Ser Brienne might be nearly done by now." He gestured toward the fortress that could be seen from the top of the stone wall.

Your face lit up in surprise, "Of course! But is that okay for her? I wouldn't want to bother her."

He chuckled and shook his head, "No, you won't. I can promise you that. Let's better get going before she really finished. Do you need help with that?" He pointed to the food in your arms.

"No, thank you, it barely has any weight. Let's go!" You couldn't help with your cheerful steps as you followed behind Podrick.

He led you to an open living space in the fort, asking you to stay there till the knight was ready. You did as he told, finding a chair for yourself to comfortably settle in and waiting for them.

Your eyes glanced over the surrounding, taking in the decoring swords and shields hung on the wall, or the suits of standing armor along the corridors. They were the symbols of honor and protection the army and the Kingsguard provided to the king, knowing Brienne was the Lord Commander of them, you felt extremely proud of her.

While your mind was attached to that gorgeous woman, you bounced your legs and twiddled your thumbs, anticipating filling your thoughts as you awaited the two of them on the wooden bench.

⧫⧫⧫

Just like Podrick promised, it didn't take long for both of them to refreshen. When they appeared at the entrance of what you supposed was leading to the residences of the knights and officers, dressing in casual clothes and cloaks, you quickly stood up and beamed at them. The female knight crossed the room in stride, her lips curved up into a smile.

"Y/N, it's nice to see you. Podrick told me you came with gift. You really don't have to." She said softly.

"It's nothing, really. I just want to share good things with you!" Your cheeks warmed up, holding the bag up to show her, your eyes were practically shooting stars. She took it from your hands gently and took a look inside, grinning at the contents.

"Thank you! They look delicious."

"I'm glad you like them, I find they rather tasty."

She nodded and resealed the opening of the pack, "I can't wait to try one, but we must have diner first, I'm hungry."

"Oh, yeah, I'm starving!" Podrick muttered quietly.

You chuckled at both knights and said, "Well, then let's head to Laura's tavern? I'm sure she will have plenty of food to feed you both."

"Hm, sounds good, let's go then, it will take us half an hour to be there." Brienne said, already turning her heels to the entrance.

"Wait, Ser!" The young man chipped in, "Maybe we could have the meal at the dining hall? It can quickly serve food and drinks."

The knight turned around with a surprised face and raised brows, "Good thought, Pod. Yes, we could do that, I'm eager to fill my belly."

"Thank you, Ser." The man smiled timidly with a little pride in himself.