Chapter 3 - Helping a friend

[Jake PoV]

I was sitting next to Lia, thinking about yesterday. "Jake?" I turned towards her. Her dark eyes met mine. She looked worried. "What is it?" I asked. She sighed in response. "Anything new about Sean?" she asked.

I shook my head and fell backwards onto the couch. "Nope. The only thing that happened today was that I gave him his hoodie back," I replied, hiding my face in my hands. Lia gasped. "You had his hoodie?!"

Everyone suddenly stopped talking and looked at Lia and me. "Wait what?!" Zoey asked excitedly. "Right. I didn't tell you yesterday. I accidentally grabbed his hoodie instead of my jacket," I explained.

Zoey and Lia squealed. "Then it was Sean's hoodie you were wearing?" Drew asked curiously. "Yeah," I replied. "Why didn't we notice? You're always wearing that jacket!" Henry complained laughing.

"Well, we probably focused more on the fact that he wasn't feeling well instead of how he looked," Liam told his friend. I smiled at them before looking at Lia and Zoey. They were sitting next to me and smiled like idiots.

"Aaaand?" Lia asked in a sweet voice. I laughed. "Well, I stayed behind to give him his hoodie and he gave me my jacket back. Nothing special," I said. I obviously didn't tell them that I nearly died when he laughed!

"Cute. By the way! Have you seen Daisy today?" Zoey asked. I raised my eyebrows. I could tell from her voice that she knew something. "No?" I replied. "Well, I heard her talk with that creepy girl. What's her name again?" "Do you mean Sadie?" I asked. She nodded. "Yes! Anyway, Daisy told her that Sean has been ignoring her messages and calls since she kissed him!" Zoey continued.

I nearly fell off the couch. "He what?!" I shouted. This isn't like him at all! "It's what Daisy said. And after that, she told the creep how scared she is that he won't return her feelings, the creep got angry and just left afterwards," Zoey continued.

Sadie got angry? What's up with everyone acting out of character? Sean is ignoring DAISY, Sadie got angry at DAISY...

"Well, I think that you have a chance," Zoey grinned. I looked over to Lia, seeing that she smiled as well. I didn't know why, but I felt bad for Daisy. She didn't do anything wrong and everyone was mean or ignored her...

I suddenly felt my phone vibrating in my jacket and took it out. I unlocked it and checked my notifications. I had a message from Hailey:

Hailey 🎤
Hey, I found another song I want to try out!
Here are the lyrics!

I opened the attached file she had send. The song was called Stiches [by Shawn Mendes & Hailee Steinfield]. I quickly read the lyrics and texted back.

Me
Sounds good! The song is amazing!
I'll try learning the lyrics till' tomorrow!
Cya

I quickly put my phone away. "Who was that?" Lia asked, curiously looking at me. "Just Hailey. She texted me because of a new song," I replied, looking over at the others. Drew, Liam, and Henry were playing a video game, while Zoey was cheering them on. [A/N: Don't well love non-toxic Zoey?]. Lia smiled. "Nice." Then she followed my gaze towards the others. She quickly took my hand and led me over to them. I joined the guys while Lia cheered us on with Zoey. It was nice.

*meanwhile with the club*

[??? PoV]

"I fell in love with Jake."

Everyone sat there, eyes widened at Sean's words. Luke was the first to speak. "That's wonderful!" Milly was next: "Yeah! I completely agree!" "I didn't think that you of all people would be gay, but at least we know now that there isn't a single completely straight guy in our club," Zander laughed.