679-680

679 Survive

Bai Xu choked. She did not understand why someone she had only met for a few days would use his life to save her. She was clearly not good to him at all.

Why didn’t he run? Why did he save her?

Hu Changshou had saved her, but her beloved Grandma had abandoned her and even sacrificed her life.

Bai Xu felt terrible. She could not tell if it was hatred or resentment.

She looked at the sky for a long time. Night had fallen and the stars were shining.

Bai Xu moved her body and crawled to the snake’s corpse with difficulty. She grabbed the dagger and began to cut open the snake’s corpse.

Grandma wanted to eat the snake gallbladder at all costs. It should be good stuff.

She had barely survived. She wanted to live.

When she found the snake gallbladder, it was as big as two eggs. Bai Xu endured her disgust and swallowed it raw like Bai Liu.

The taste was not good, and it was uncomfortable. However, not long after the snake gallbladder entered her stomach, she gradually felt a strong force.

The injuries in her body had been repaired by this strange power. She could feel all the injuries healing, driving away all the pain and exhaustion.

Recommended for you
These tummy slimming patches are all the rage
Sponsored by WonderPatch
The wounds on her arms and legs were healing at a visible speed. Bai Xu looked at this scene in surprise. In an instant, she understood that Grandma had always wanted to eat the organs of these beasts because they contained huge power.

The stronger the demonic beast, the stronger its power.

Snake gallbladders were famous for their medicinal value, so it was definitely not wrong to take their guts.

After a while, Bai Xu stood up and slowly walked to Hu Changshou’s side. She saw that his stomach was as big as a drum, as if it was bigger than the stomach of a woman who was about to give birth. Bai Xu pondered for a moment and she recalled that whenever Grandma saw pregnant women, she would always spit on them and curse softly, “Shameless.”

Bai Xu’s thoughts surged, and her gaze turned into disgust. She was about to leave, but after taking a few steps, she stopped.

Was Hu Changshou dead?

Bai Xu returned. She walked to Hu Changshou’s side and squatted down. She first tested Hu Changshou’s pulse. It was hard to imagine that Hu Changshou was still alive.

Bai Xu’s eyes darkened and she muttered to herself, “You saved my life, so I should return it to you. This way, I won’t owe you anything, but if you swallow that poison, I can’t detoxify it either. Whether you live or die depends on your luck.”

After saying that, Bai Xu stood up. She made a simple cart and dragged Hu Changshou up. Then, she pulled him to the cart.

Looking at the two snakes, Bai Xu frowned. In the end, she walked over and took some snake meat away.

She didn’t want to lose the snake skin, but she gave up because she couldn’t handle it. Grandma had never wanted these things in the past. Grandma always said that she didn’t want useless things.

After leaving that place, Bai Xu found a safe cave and settled Hu Changshou in. She fed the antidote to Hu Changshou and ignored him.

She had experienced too much today and it had dealt her a heavy blow. She had never thought that her Grandma, whom she had always relied on, would abandon her.