The Ghost King's Wrath

That night, hundreds of temples burned to the ground.

Ashes spiralling in the ghastly scene, the flames roared and cried.

* * *

"Exactly 199 temples of general Nan Yang and 200 of general Xuan Zhen were scorched to the ground," a young man clad in black reported.

"M-mn..You may take your leave now," Pei Ming trailed off. 399 temples.. in just one night.. There was only one person who could do this..

Crimson Rain Sought Flower.

His face paled. Why would the Ghost King do this? There was only one explanation - he knows.

It was supposed to be a fun challenge.. who knew it'd go so far as to anger the Ghost King? Two generals in one night. It wouldn't take long before that Hua Cheng came after him.

Just how the hell did he know?

The crown prince was not someone who'd snitch on others. Moresoever, Xie Lian was the one who saved his butt many times before, be it shameful to admit.

Pei Ming got off his throne [ I suppose there would be a throne, no? ] and ordered his disciplines to pack his bag. Nope, he ain't risking it. If someone as powerful as Hua Cheng was after him, he'd better flee now.

Welp, better late than sorry.

* * *

Mu Qing walked ahead, pretty much shaken. He wanted to CURSE AND FIGHT AND START A FREAKIN' BRAWL but he didn't. Ofcourse he wouldn't. It was Hua Cheng they were talking about, after all!

Leaves and twigs alike crunched beneath his feet. Oh, wait.

The sound was also coming from behind.

Right.

Feng Xin.

Feng Xin was  coming along with him, not that he agreed because the former never asked his consent; He saw him raging out the Heavenly Realm and tagged along. tch, how annoying.

"WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME?!" Mu Qing exploded.

"WHO SAID I WAS FOLLOWING YOU??" Feng Xin shouted back, trotting ahead of him." That freakin' Ghost Simp burned my temples too, dammit!"

Mu Qing ran further ahead of him, his mind searching for a comeback. "Then stop walking right behind me, sheesh!"

"It's not like I enjoy trailing behind you!" Feng Xin tried to outrun him.

They glowered, their shoulders shoving eachother. One might even dare say they had lightning pass through their eyes. They bickered and raced, screaming their lungs out all the way. It wasn't that they actually hated eachother - fighting with the other soothed their anger inwardly. They finally reached their destination - PuQi Shrine.

Feng Xin froze at the sight of the little shrine, which now seemed to be extremely intimidating for some reason. Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw beads of sweat roll off Mu Qing's forehead. He wasn't going to admit it but it kind of felt reassuring to see Mu Qing nervous. Atleast he wasn't the only one. Yay for that.

Feng Xin knocked on the door, his knees trembling. He so wished that darn Ghost Simp wasn't hanging around here. Heavy footsteps neared the door - what if the one who opened it was.. crimson rain? What if he was waiting for them? What if..

The door pushed open, Xie Lian stood infront of them.

". . ."

"Are.." Mu Qing hesitated, "Are you okay..?"