In a respectful manner, the assistant greeted her.

She nodded and smiled.

A single frown or smile, either one will melt the soul.

This sentence popped up in the assistant's mind.

In the voice-acting world, the name "Shi Yi" was well-known, having reverberated like thunder for a long time already, but the number of people who had actually seen her in person was actually not many. She was one of the golden voice artists in the industry. She had one of the most beautiful voices and was very professional. Whenever the work involved her, it was always quite effortless. Unfortunately, her time was also the hardest to arrange. But this person - this particular voice - was one that many people were unable to resist.

Even if they needed to book her more than half a year in advance, people would still wait for her to do the dubbing.

These people who spent most of their time in a recording studio should have countless dealings and interactions with other artistes, and no matter how special her voice was, there could always be a similar alternative to be found. But, famous stars were made by being sought after. The harder she was to book, the bigger her name was.

In regards to her looks, there was a story that had circulated around the industry.

When she was still a newcomer, a famous producer happened upon her in the recording studio and very directly told her that she was his ideal female lead. After she tactfully declined him several times, the wealthy producer became outraged. Everyone present grew quiet out of fear. Shi Yi left wordlessly and never returned to that recording studio again.

Many years later, she became famous.

That same producer, after hearing a demo recording of her, was struck by how beautiful her voice was and tried every possible means to arrange to meet her in person.

It went without saying that the end result was, she refused to show her face to him again.

Nobody seemed to tire of, over and over again, bringing up this little tale with its twists and turns in the story, and it even indirectly became something that helped raise her price.

for the day was complete, earlier than expected. Before Shi Yi left, she went to turn her mobile phone off silent mode and discovered that an unfamiliar number had called her. Twice, in fact.

A scam call?

She tossed her phone into her purse. It fell onto her keys and there was a tinkling sound of metal.

It was Zhousheng Chen.

The moment this thought emerged in her mind, it seemed to spread uncontrollably. She took out her phone again and called that unfamiliar phone number back. The call was answered very quickly, but it was not his voice.

"Miss Shi?" An unfamiliar voice, but it was able to accurately state her name.

"Sorry. I think you may have the wrong number," she said.

The phone quickly changed hands.

Another voice appeared: "It's me, Zhousheng Chen."

She very naturally answered him with an "mm."

But also, because it was too natural a response, both of them seemed taken aback. It was fortunate they were not face to face and could avoid a lot awkwardness.

There was a brief moment of quiet. Suddenly, a beep from her phone informed her of an incoming call. Shi Yi took a glance and then quickly requested, "Could you wait for a few minutes? I need to answer a call from my mom."