XXXIX- Aqua Laguna

Start from the beginning

Shipwright: We're going to do that, but not because you told us to! We were already going to do just that!

(Y/N): <pissed> Then get on with it!!

He sighed and sat down next to Nami.

Eventually, both Iceberg and Nami woke up.

Nami: (Y-Y/N)... (Y/N)!

She sat up and hugged him.

Nami: I-I thought you were dead when the roof fell on you!

(Y/N): <smiling> It'll take more than a mere roof to kill him. But Chopper's in bad shape...

Nami: But they'll tend to him right?

(Y/N): Of course. He's the one who got Mayor Iceberg and that other guy out of there.

Iceberg stood up, much to the dismay of the shipwrights.

Iceberg: Men, give us some space. I want to talk to these two alone.

(Y/N), Nami, and Iceberg sat next to trees, while the shipwrights tended to Paulie and Chopper.

Iceberg: To begin with, oh my, I'm very sorry. I pinned a false accusation on your crew. I'll right that wrong shortly. I want to talk about Nico Robin.

Nami: Do you know something?

Iceberg: When you came to this town, did that woman start acting strangely?

(Y/N): Yes. Right after we got into Water 7, she just disappeared.

Nami: Then this morning, she'd become the criminal behind...behind your attempted assassination. And when some of our crew finally found her, she said she wouldn't be returning to us.

(Y/N): <sighs> We didn't know what was going on, so we came here tonight to ask her directly, one more time, why she was leaving us...

Nami: What sort of wish can't be fulfilled because she's with us?

Iceberg: Let me tell you what I know. At what must've been about the same time you first lost sight of Nico Robin, the government's operation had already begun. There is a reason behind that woman's actions, of course. But first, as you listen, bear in mind that both Nico Robin and I have the means to awaken an ancient weapon powerful enough to destroy the world.

Nami: <shocked> The world?!!

(Y/N): An ancient weapon?

Iceberg: That's right...

Flashback

Iceberg: <to Robin> If you hate the government so much, why are you helping them with this?!!

Robin: Because there's a wish I want to fulfill, even if it means throwing everything away. In town, CP9 presented me with two conditions. The first was to pin the assassination on the Straw Hat Pirates. The second was to turn myself over to the government and obey their orders.

Iceberg: If you do that, you're a goner!! Why would someone who's been on the run for 20 years accept those conditions?

Robin: CP9 has been granted permission to activate a Buster Call against the Straw Hat Pirates, just once.

Iceberg: A Buster Call?

Robin: An emergency order in which five vice admirals from Marine Headquarters and ten warships assemble at the same location. The target of such a national war-class military force cannot survive. Even in the Marines, only the three admirals and the head of the Marines, the fleet admiral, are able to exercise that kind of authority. But this time, through Admiral Aokiji, CP9 obtained the right to activate it, just this one time. If I hadn't accepted the conditions, we would've been the target of a Buster Call. When I heard Aokiji's name, I gave up. For the past 20 years, I've been able to just run away and survive, no matter the circumstances because I had nothing to protect—because I could betray others and use them to take the fall for me. But now, I...I just can't do that!!