Chapter 1

Fourth's POV

The crowd cheered as I felt the earth slowly move it's pace.

Sweats dripped down my whole body as I breathed and inhaled the grass scented breeze from the open field.

This is a do or die situation. We are one goal away from winning. There's a 4 minute run-time before the game's over.

I can hear the drums while the audience chant our school's name.

The referee whistled and suddenly the world moves on its normal pace.

Game on!

-

I ran from the two opponents guarding me as I saw one of our midfielders ran with the ball trying to move past the other team's defenders.

(Defender: A position that is the last line of defense in front of the goalie. Their job is to stop the other team's forwards from scoring.

Midfielder: A position in between the defenders and forwards, they specialize in passing and moving the ball toward the goal, from the defensive half of the field to the offensive half.)

When he saw me next to him he immediately passed the ball and I hurriedly made my way towards our opponent's side to get closer to the net.

I fastly ran while kicking the ball not minding the opponent's midfielders and defenders coming my way.

I was in the zone and I felt like a beast, desperate to eat my meal.

I saw three of my teammates ready on their respective posts as per our coach's plan to score a goal.

I looked at one of my teammates knowingly and he nodded, understanding the tactic we had planned earlier at timeout.

I kicked the ball hard and pass it to Win, one of our midfielders and went running straight near the net. Win received the ball with his body to get full control over it before he started running with the ball.

There's not much time left.

Win saw that I was open since I just moved past the opponents blocking me so he kicked the ball my way and I focused from the target and kicked the ball with all my might and felt the world in slow motion.

The crowd erupted in cheers when the ball went straight inside the net and the commentators announced I scored a goal.

I heave a deep sigh and punched the air in victory.

My teammates ran towards my direction as we celebrate our win.

-

We are now gathered in the locker room after finishing the game. We all couldn't hide the happiness we're all feeling as we chattered and filled the room with loud laughters.

"Nice assist back there, Win." I stated as I pat my team mate's back.

(Assist: The pass that goes to the player that scores the goal.)

"And nice goal there, captain." We both laugh as we acknowledged each other's efforts.

The coach entered the room and we all fell silent.

"I see that you're already celebrating so I'm gonna keep this one short." Our coach announced as he scanned the team.

"I don't want you all to feel at ease 'cos this is not the end yet. We still have the finals to prepare for and Harrow just won their game today. Meaning we will be facing them in the championship." All of us groaned in annoyance after hearing the name of our final's opponent.