I'll be here - Original

Start from the beginning

All the emotion fell from his face for a split second before anger rushed through him like never before. Whether it was the realization that what I had said was right or the disbelief that I had finally stood up for myself I didn't know. But none of that mattered anymore as he shoved the table hard against the wall next to me, clearing the path between us.

I tried to climb over the top of the table to get away but he grabbed my ankle and ripped it out from under me, causing me to fall and the table to break under me. It fell to the floor in pieces and he left me no time to defend myself before grabbing a fist full of my hair and throwing me across the room.

"Don't talk to me like that! You're a worthless piece of shit!" a hard kick was delivered to my stomach making me groan in pain. I stomped on his foot hard enough to distract him for a moment so I could get to my feet, but as I did he grabbed my arm and threw me back down.

Landing in the pile of rubble that used to be our dining room table, I felt a strong pain in my right thigh and screamed out in pain. There was a large shard of wood sticking out from my leg.

Daniel grabbed my neck and squeezed as hard as he could. I started choking, gasping for air as he lifted my body up and slammed me into the wall. My vision went black for a moment from the impact as I tried to choke out, "Please- Daniel Please-... I can't... breathe."

He lifted his free hand and punched me across the face as he screamed, "Shut up, bitch!"

I could feel the blood dripping from my nose and the bruise that would soon form on my cheek. Doing the only thing I could think of, I lifted my non-injured leg and rammed it into his groin as hard as I could. He dropped me out of instinct, cupping his balls in pain.

When my body hit the floor, the shard of wood in my leg was pushed deeper, causing another scream to leave my mouth. His head snapped back to me as I tried to crawl away, not nearly as fast as he ran after me.

My throat was sore and I was still gasping for air when I felt him grab ahold of my ankles. I prepared myself for another round of fists but was surprised when his grip disappeared.

Quickly glancing behind me, I saw the front door wide open and Ben on top of Daniel, repeatedly punching him in the face. My body was exhausted so even as I continued to try to drag myself further away I wasn't getting very far.

Silence soon fell over the house, aside from my groaning and crying, but when a hand touched my back I tried to push myself away. My thrashing was only causing me more pain but I wouldn't give up without a fight. I wouldn't just let Daniel win this time.

"Y/n! Calm down, it's just me. It's Ben! You're safe now!" His voice washed over me like a wave of relief as I let myself sink into the floor underneath me.

I was visibly shaking and was starting to feel light-headed from the blood loss when Ben gently flipped me over onto my back so he could look at me. Our eyes met and he looked pained to see the bruises and blood covering my body. "Daniel-"

"Don't worry about him. Focus on me, okay?" He pulls his phone out of his back pocket and presses a few buttons before holding it up to his ear. "Yes, my friend is badly hurt. She's bleeding a lot from her leg, you need to send an ambulance." His voice is calm but I can see the worry on his face. Tears run down the sides of my face as my eyes start to close. "No, no. Hey, look at me, beautiful. You need to keep those eyes open for me, okay? Just a little longer. Someone's coming."

His hand strokes my face as he wipes away my tears. "I'm tired."

He shakes his head as he takes off his belt and ties it above the wound on my leg. "I know. Just a few more minutes and then I'll let you sleep." When he tightens the belt I let out a whimper, my throat too sore to scream. "I'm so sorry..." He whispered it so quietly I could barely hear him.

In my delusion, I looked up at him at let out a weak smile. "Thank you for helping me."

"Of course baby. I'm always here for you." He had been my brother's friend for years. I'd always had a crush on him but spent so much time hiding away in my room or keeping busy at work that we'd never actually hung out. "Whenever you need something, ANYTHING, I want you to call me, okay?"

The stern look on his face told me not to argue with him so I nodded my head and let him hold me as the sirens got closer. I was getting more tired by the minute but I wanted to stay awake for him until the ambulance got here. So as soon as I saw the red and blue lights outside the still-open front door, I let myself start to drift. "I'm gonna sleep now." I whispered softly, feeling my body start to give out.

He looked down at me with loving eyes as the paramedics rolled in a gurney. "Okay, love. I'll be right here when you wake up. I promise."

A gentle kiss brushed against my bruised cheek as everything went dark.