Chapter 8: Building Jumping

Start from the beginning

I grabbed the key and unlocked the other cuff. I grabbed his pistol than cuffed his hand to the bolted chair. I started to strip him until he was in his boxers. I put his armour on one piece at a time. After I put ok his armour, I ran out stopping at the doorway looking back and forth of the hallway.

There wasn't anyone down the hallway, I would assume guarding one of the mercenaries. I walked out slowly, than ran to one of the exits. "Hey Terri!"

I turned to see what the guy was yelling about. He was running to me. Shit. When he reached me he was super close. "Dude did you hear what happened at training today?" he asked.

I shook my head putting my hand on the panel of the door. "Well dude it was great..." he was explaining to much. I pulled the pistol and aimed it at him.

"Terri what you doing buddy?" he asked with worried in his voice.

"I am not your friend Terri," I started to say. "But I am someone who will kill you in a instant if you don't listen, your going to pretend to have conversation while we walk to the warthogs than we'll leave. You'll be driving so you can give the get your ID. Do I make myself clear?"

The man looked at me than nodded. We started to walk down to the warthogs having actually good conversation but passing a lot of soldiers. Which I will admit it was scary, just cause passing one of the Reds and Blues.

Luckily they didn't care when we passed by. When we reached the warthogs, he turned to me. "I am surprised that Donut and Lopez isn't here." He said jumping in the seat.

I looked around making sure no one was following or even around. "Yeah that is weird." I jumped in the passenger seat.

We started to drive out passing other vehicles, waving at people. Wow they do seem nice but their teammates of course they are. We were passing what it looks like an abandoned area, that's when I saw someone step behind a building.

"Stop." I yelled.

He did what he was told. "What we still have couple..."

"Shut up." I ordered.

I jumped out bringing out the pistol. "Stay here."

He nodded, I heard him put the brake on. I started to walk towards where the figure was, when I reached the corner no one was there.

I relaxed a bit. "Hello Arizona. Haven't seen you for a very long time princess." I froze, that name I haven't heard that for a long time. The voice also sound familiar but still sent shivers down my spine.

I turned to face memory lane standing on the dumpster. "Penn..." I whispered putting my pistol away.

"Surprised, I mean you should be." He stated he jumped down from the dumpster.

"How did yo..." I started to say.

"Well Ari, you see your voice kind of ruined the surprise. So where you going?" He asked.

I glared at him. "What you doing here?"

He nodded his head. "Touché touché, I am here for the rebels."

"Uuuh what?" I asked.

"Yeah Kimball called me in to help interrogate this Phoenix chick." He explained.

Great. Now I have to fight 3 of the Freelancers! I rolled my eyes. "Oh me and my partner here are actually going to go patrol outside the boarder," I said looking back. "So better get going."

I started to head the the warthog. "Oh cool so what's your partners name?" he asked making me stop in my footsteps.

I turned to him. "It's Kilson."

He nodded his head. "Yo Kilson!"

I looked over at the solider but he didn't respond he still looked straight ahead. "Hm you sure Phoenix?" he asked this time his voice kind of dark.

I tensed up again. Damn it he hinted that! I pulled out my pistol and shot twice, he rolled to the ground and hurriedly threw a knife. It wheezed passed me hitting the warthog.

"Johnson get the vehicle back to base and get back up now!" Penn yelled.

The solider backed up and sped off. I looked back at him. "You think I didn't have a back up plan?"

I looked over at one of the building's ladders. I grabbed it, pulling myself up, and climbed it as fast as I could.

Of course, when I was about how he survived and now I just don't care. He is now another enemy. He has been since Project Freelancer was starting to fall.

I looked down and he was gone. I looked back up and climbed the last bit of it. When I pushed myself on the roof of the 8 story building, I looked back down and he still wasn't there.

"Boo," I jumped looking behind me it was him! "What's wrong Ari?"

"How..."

"Oh easy, it's called being "tested" before Director...well you know?" he formed his hand into a gun and aimed it at his head.

Killed himself? When? Where? The memory or me standing in front of him aiming my pistol getting ready to shoot at him. Giving him another chance.

"He killed himself?" I asked sounding surprised.

"What? He was a bastard he should have. But I am sorry weren't we playing cat and mouse?" he said running towards me.

I ran towards him, jumping over him, landing on my feet, than running towards the other side of the roof. When I got to the edge I jumped off and landed on the other roof.

I looked behind and he was about to jump, I looked forward actually seeing the wall. That's when the alarm went off. I ran again jumping from roof to roof.

I heard another set of footsteps on the side of me, I turned my head and it was Carolina. I braced for impacted right when she body slammed me. I slid across the flat pavement roof I pushed her off, rolling until I pushed myself to my feet.

"You know I can give you credit, first not breaking, second having that hard drive to capture our AI, than breaking out and almost getting out. Luckily our friend here was in his way." She said looking over at Penn when he landed.

I glared at both of them. Can't believe they would do this to me and these people. I chuckled a bit than straightened myself. "Oh thank you, I don't think that you'll get your AI soon. I mean it's harder as it is to actually hack those things. Guess you can lose that one too."

That's when Carolina charged at me. Penn followed her. I cartwheeled to the side having her stop in her tracks before falling off the building. I positioned myself to an fighting stance.

She ran towards me swinging a punch. I put my arm up letting her hit my arm than swung and hit her below her jawline. Penn was right behind her swinging a couple of punches hitting one of them in my side.

I gasped for air and ignored the pain. I jumped back and swung my leg up to hit him in the side of the face. He twirled to the side, tripping over Carolina.

I turned and ran towards the edge of the building, jumping off, onto the "gate", the soliders that were on the wall turned to me. I tripped one of the ad elbowed him in the stomach. He coughed than groaned in pain.

I looked up and the other was raising his gun at me. I took out my pistol and shot twice hitting him in the stomach and leg.

I stood up than looking up at the building, Carolina started to jump off. I turned at the edge and jumped off the gate onto the outside of the Capitol.

...............................................................

Hey Ninja here! Hoped you guys enjoyed this chapter! I think it was a bit short but oh well. :p