Chapter VI- The Question Ain't If But When

Ser Jorah Mormont decided that it was time he had a conversation with Kayla and Ivar. He certainly loved his queen, but maybe he could shake her fears.

"Lord Ivar, Lady Kayla. May I speak with you both for a moment?"

"Of course, but please, no formalities."

"I read your most recent letter before Daenerys did. I know you did not mention how you would help her, just that you would, but you did say it would involve your claim to the iron throne, my lady. How so?"

"We are on our way to Westeros anyways. Lady Olenna Tyrell requested my presence there, and I didn't want to go alone without my husband at least."

"May I ask why she requested you come to Westeros?"

"Because Sansa Stark was just betrothed to Jaime Lannister. Sansa Stark is of Terebinthian blood through her mother and her father, God rest their souls. Terebinthine courtship laws require that the Queen of Terebinthia has to grant her approval of the courtship. I'm using this as a surprise to Tywin Lannister. Also, not just through the Targaryen bloodline, if a legitimate heir of Targaryen cannot be found, then the Terebinthian Queen has the right of conquest. I have my own quarrel with the Lannisters, specifically Tywin and Cersei."

"What quarrel?"

"I need them both dead. Cersei had my mother raped, was in on her murder, and Tywin once tried to marry my mother. Lannisters are not allowed to be king consorts of Terebinthia."

"With good reason, it would seem? How long are you both planning to be here?"

"I have a gift for Daenerys that she can't open until she gives birth. The gift is truthfully for any children she has. Five dragon eggs. As Queen of the dragons, I have the right to bestow who gets the right to befriend a dragon. Daenerys has three, and with any luck, you'll be riding one of hers. All of the Narnian royals have already started their journey with dragons, but we do not ride them into battle. We prefer to be fair to the enemy."

"Not much can persuade Daenerys. It is said that when a Targaryen is born, the gods flip a coin."

"Similar things are said of Terebinthian women. I'd rather not resort to this, but where does she keep her dragons?"

"In her chambers."

"Is there any way you can get them out of her chambers? I know this may sound cruel, but I want her to know what it's like to have the lives of her children threatened. Actually, It may be better if I do it. One dragon to another."

As Kayla made her way to Daenerys' chambers, the three dragons were at first startled by the creaking of the door, but once she got closer to them, they calmed down. Kayla brought them to her own chambers, and they did not make one bit of a fuss. When Daenerys went back to her chambers to feed them, she screamed in horror at the sight of her children missing.

"Where are my children?! Where are they?! Jorah! Jorah, where are my dragons?!"

She had her unsullied search the pyramid, and they did not even think to look in Kayla and Ivar's chambers. Neither did Daenerys.

"Your grace, for the sake of your child, please calm down."

But Daenerys did not want to listen to Missandei, nor anyone else. She only wanted her dragons back. To Jorah, it almost seemed like she had forgotten her belly was very swollen with child. Daenerys stayed up half the night worrying about the fate of her children.

"Daenerys, you must sleep. This immense stress is not good for the babe."

"My living children are what worry me."

"And I worry for my child that yet has the chance to live, if you would give them that."

For the first time since she met him, Daenerys wanted to ignore her husband's words.

"Still no sign of them, Daenerys?"

"None whatsoever, Lady Kayla."

"There was a kidnapping attempt on Áedamnair once. The tisroc of Calormen wanted her to be the crown prince's bride, so he ordered the Calormene ambassador to kidnap her so that should be raised in Tashbaan. She was only four at the time, It was not too long before I went to Camelot to meet with my brother. I know what it's like to have my children stolen from me, and I know what it's like to watch my children be murdered, and almost murdered. Here you are, wondering for your children, or at least the living ones. My baby girl was taken from me before she had the chance to open her eyes. Your children will be fine, but you need to think of the one in your belly as well."

"Not until my dragons are found."

"Well then, have fun with waking up to bloody sheets."

"What are you talking about?"

"You've lost your firstborn. Any amount of stress can cause a miscarriage or a stillborn. No one here is smart enough to steal your dragons unless they are sure the dragons won't harm them."

"I don't know of anyone who is that smart."

"Come with me, I do."

Kayla took Daenerys by the hand and led her down the hall, but she had Daenerys close her eyes first. Then Kayla opened the door to hers and Ivar's chambers, where Jorah already was. The dragons were perched on the balcony of the room.

"My children! You're the one who stole them from me!"

"Now you know how it feels Daenerys, to have the lives of your children threatened. Your children were safe, but ours weren't. Imagine, the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, breaking the guest right. Only Cersei Lannister would stoop that low, her and Alicent Hightower. Rhaenyra only would have if necessary. And since you apparently have no need of my help, my husband, our children, and myself will now go to Westeros where the lady Olenna Tyrell is expecting us."

Afterward in her chambers, Daenerys was on her bed crying herself to sleep. Jorah came in to get ready for his sleep.

"I don't want to fight with you, Khalessi. I never expected to. I'm willing to fight for you, but not with you."

"Did my father really slaughter the innocent?"

"Of course your brother convinced you that he was a good man, Viserys was almost as mad as your father."

"Don't talk ill of my brother."

"I don't remember you trying to stop Khal Drogo from killing him, so what does it matter? I've never spoken ill of Rhaegar. Even though he started a war, I have never had ill thoughts about him. He was a better man than Aerys, a better man than Viserys, and a better man than Robert Baratheon. But please, Daenerys, please, do not take the steps the Targaryens before you have taken. Be the one Targaryen people can respect not out of fear, but out of love. The smallfolk at least held Rhaegar that high."