Chapter 22- The Blind Bandit

Start from the beginning

Katara, who was sitting to the opposite side of me, peered her head over Aang to look at Sokka and I. "Sokka, why is your fingers up Venus's nose?"

As Sokka scolded his sister, his fingers yanked my cartilage. "I'm helping Venus with her nose piercing, relax."

"Ow, ow, ow!"

Sokka turned his attention to me. "Sorry." After a few minutes, Sokka successfully hooped the piercing through my nose.

"All done."

I scooted a little closer to Sokka as I lay my head on his shoulder. "Thanks."

Hesitantly, Sokka wrapped an arm around my shoulder, bringing us closer than possible. "Of course."

In the center of the ring, the event's host raises an earthen platform. He brings it back to the level of the rest of the arena.

The host raises his left arm. "Welcome to Earth Rumble 6! I am your host, Xin Fu!"

Katara sighs and looks the other way. "This is just going to be a bunch of guys chucking rocks at each other, isn't it?"

"That's what I paid for." Sokka grins happily.

"The rules are simple. Just knock the other guy out of the ring, and you win!" Xin Fu leaps up to a podium above the ring.

A bell rings. "Round one: The Boulder vs. The Big Bad Hippo!" While Xin Fu speaks, The Boulder raises his arms and turns around to the cheering of the audience. The Hippo roars.

The Boulder points at The Hippo. "Listen up, Hippo. You may be big, but you ain't bad!" He grins insanely. "The Boulder's gonna win this in a landslide!"

"Hippo....mad!"

The Hippo raises his arms in anger and stomps one foot. The Boulder fires three rocks. They crash into The Hippo, but he does not move. He catches one piece of rock with his mouth, chews on it and spits it out.

The Hippo jumps up and down, causing the surface of the arena to tilt. The Boulder hereby loses his balance.

The Boulder reaches the edge, but saves himself by bending out part of the ring into a small platform. He grabs it and throws it at his opponent, hitting him on the back.

As The Hippo turns around to look at him, The Boulder bends up The Hippo's part of the ring, and throws him out on it. The Hippo crashes in the lower area of around the arena. The fight ends thus in his favor.

"The Boulder wins!" Xin Fu shouts as the crowd goes wild.

Sokka's hand grips my thigh as he squeezes it tight. "Wooo hoo! Venus, did you see that!"

I hiss in pain and slap his hand away from my thigh. "Sokka, please you're hurting me."

"Oh, sorry. Are you okay?" He asks concerned.

I use my hand and caress my thigh as they still burned from the cuts I had made. "Peaches and rainbows."

"Next match." Xin Fu announces after a couple of minutes. "Boulder versus-" A man is happily waving a Fire Nation flag. "Fire Nation Man!"

The crowd boos at the Fire Nation Man who is making his way over to the arena, still waving his flag, on a makeshift earthen bridge, which crumbles away behind him.

Sokka loudly boos at the fighter as well, while giving him a thumbs down.

Sokka lightly smacked my shoulder as he noticed I wasn't booing.

I rolled my eyes and stood up beside him as we booed the Fire nation man together.

"Please, do rise for Fire Nation national anthem!" He put his left hand over his heart; begins to sing. "Fire Lord, my flame burns," he drops to his right knee and stretches out his left arm. "for thee!"