Chapter 22- The Blind Bandit

Start from the beginning

"Thanks, Venus."

Aang then walks out of the academy with the other students. "Ehhh, he's not the one." He beats his right ear, causing sand to fall out of his left ear.

Two boys leave the Earthbending Academy. "I think The Boulder's going to win back the belt at Earth Rumble 6."

Sokka had suddenly woken up from the two boys talking.

"He's going to have to fight his way through the best earthbenders in the world to get a shot at the champ."

Aang overhears their conversation and runs after them. "Excuse me, but where is this earthbending tournament, exactly?"

"It's on the island of Noneya...Noneya business!"

My mouth had dropped. How rude!

The students laugh and walk away as Aang looks on disappointed. Sokka walks up to Aang laughing while Katara glares at the boys.

Sokka laughs and wipes tears of laughter away. "Oh, I got to remember that one!"

I turned my head over to Katara. "You or me?"

She mischievously smiled. "I'll take care of this."

"Hey, strong guys! Wait up!" Katara runs after the two boys who turned around a corner.

Sokka disgustingly looks at his bag, holding it out. "What was I thinking? I don't need a new bag!" He angrily turns to me. "Why did you let me buy this?"

He puts the bag down and crosses his arms in front of his chest. Momo hops off his shoulder, into the bag.

I pick up the bag from off the floor and carry the bag myself.

Katara comes running back. "You ready to find an earthbending teacher? Because we're going to Earth Rumble 6!"

"How'd you get them to tell you?" Aang asks, surprised.

"Oh," Katara shrugs as she smiles. "A girl has her ways."

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼

At nightfall, we had entered a tunnel underground. A large rectangular arena is located in the middle. The arena has stairs running down to a lower, oval shaped area. Seats for the spectators start at the same level as the arena. We walk into an empty row of seats.

"Hey," Aang cheers, "front row seats! I wonder why no one else is sitting here."

We sit down, but quickly jump back up as a huge rock smashes into the seats next to us.

"I guess that's why."

We proceed to take our seats anyways as we wait for the match to start.

I pull out my nose cuff and place it in the palm of Sokka's hand. "Hey, Sokka, can you put this in my pierced hole for me?"

Sokka faced his body towards me. "You want me to stick this piercing up your nasal nostrils?"

My eyes scanned his left and right. "Correct."

"Okay," the boy shrugged. He leaned in closer to my face as he pulled the piercing up to my nose.

I wiggled my nose, it felt as if I were going to sneeze.

"Venus, please." Sokka says grabbing my nose cartilage. "Stay still."

Sokka's two fingers went inside my nostrils, trying to find the hole.

"Sokka!" I laugh as it tickled. "It's not in my nostrils, it at the end of my nose."

I took Sokka's wrist and guided his finger out of my nose and to where my piercing hole is.