𝒊𝒗. it's a requel!

FOUR ࿐ྂ
━━ THE MEEK-MARTIN'S !

     DEWEY AND CARINA pull up to Chad and Mindy's just seconds after Sam and Richie do. The two are walking towards the Meek-Martin's door as Dewey and her step out of the car, and the sound of doors slamming makes Sam look back.

"I've decided to temporarily assist you in your investigation," Dewey tells them as they approach, and Carina decidedly does not comment on the fact that there's no way Dewey's going to rest until Ghostface is dead.

"Thank you."

Dewey heads past them, but Carina stops next to Sam and Richie just in time to hear the latter whisper, "Look, just because that guy showered doesn't mean he should have a gun."

"Sam," Carina bites out, trying and failing to hold her temper against Richie and his rudeness directed at Dewey. "Tell your boyfriend that maybe he should have more respect for the one holding and trained to use the said gun."

Without looking at either of the adults, she makes her way onto the porch with Dewey and knocks on the door.

Mindy meets them all at the door, and Carina watches in satisfaction as she smiles at Dewey warmly and Richie scowls. He rolls his eyes when he catches her looking and turns to Mindy as the four enter the house. "How do you know so much about the Stab movies?"

Dewey answers for her. "Runs in her family."

"Randy was our uncle. RIP."

Carina walks past the memorial for Randy on the wall without much preamble, having seen it plenty of times before. Instead, she smiles at Wes when she spots him on the couch next to Liv and Chad and takes a seat on the couch closest to him.

"You said to bring everybody."

The others all stop in front of the group, and Martha Meeks enters with a tray of snacks before more can be said. "Woo, suspects! My brother would be so proud."

Carina looks on with a smile as Dewey greets Martha and the woman embraces him with a hug. "Dewey! Hi!"

When Dewey came back from New York without Gale, a lot changed for him. She'll always wish he didn't isolate himself in his trailer as often as he did. "You look..." Martha trails off and bobs her head around like it's going to knock the answer free, but Dewey just nods. "Yeah."

"How's the wife?"

Carina sends a quick pleading look to Chad because Mindy isn't paying her any attention. The boy immediately picks up on it and announces, "Okay, Mom, we're good. Thank you."

"All right, kids, have fun."

With those parting words, she leaves, and Sam takes center attention. "I asked Mindy to call everybody here, because...there's something I have to tell you."

Sam grabs a remote from the ottoman in front of her, turns the TV on, and sets the screen to a picture of Billy Loomis. "Billy Loomis is my father."

No one says anything for a few seconds, and Sam looks like she's ready to faint from the announcement, so Carina grabs her hand and pulls her down on the couch next to her. Wes sends her a look, probably for grabbing Sam's hand after hearing something like that, but she just shrugs. She doesn't really want to tell him the shock factor disappears when you've already heard it.

"So let me get this straight." Chad starts after a long moment of no one saying anything, sounding somewhat incredulous. "You're saying that you're the daughter of Billy Loomis, and, what, that one of us is the killer?"