𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Friendship was a weird thing. One minute Soobin and Xiaojun were fighting because Xiaojun kept on nagging at Soobin making a fool of themselves in front of Shotaro's dad, and the next Xiaojun was trying to comfort the bunny hybrid who started crying once more.

They were in the local playground, sitting on the swings. Yuta had given them money to buy ice cream that they were currently lapping on. Shotaro was between xiaojun and soobin, the two being protective.

The playground was empty, except for the old woman that sat under the shade of the Nara tree. She had a peaceful expression on her face.

“Taro!” Soobin called, moving the swirled top of his ice cream away from his mouth. He turned his neck to face his friend. “When are you going back to school?”

Shotaro stopped licking. How was he going to tell Soobin and Xiaojun that he wasn't going to go to school anymore?

“Taro?” Xiaojun noticed his hesitance. “You okay?”

Shotaro frowned, “I-I'm not going back.”

“Huh!?” Soobin's ice cream fell, making him slowly look away from Shotaro and down at the fallen frozen cream on the ground. His eyes started to water again. His lips quivered, “M-my—”

Xiaojun hopped off his swing, walking over to Soobin before shoving his ice cream into his hands. “Have mine. Naevis, you're so clumsy.” He faced Shotaro, “Why's that Taro?”

“My head usually hurts and I hear this strange ringing sometimes.” He pointed at his head. “Dada said it would be better if he was near when that happens.”

“Is there something wrong with you? You should go to the doctor.” Xiaojun suggested, “You can go doctor Eunwoo! He's a doctor from the West, but he's good to everyone. Mama says he's a royal physician.”

“Or you can head to the capital and go to Nurse Taeyong. Dad says he's the best when it comes to dealing with magical creatures.” Soobin suggested, melted ice cream covering his chubby cheeks. “He works for the king!”

Shotaro had no idea who they were. He only knew his dada and mister Sehun, and now Soobin and Xiaojun. He doesn't think he needed other people.

He gave them a reassuring smile, eyes turning into crescents. “I'll be fine. This would probably be gone once I get older.”

“Really?” Xiaojun and Soobin asked in sync, turning to look at each other before looking back at smShotaro with skepticism. “Are you sure?”

Shotaro nodded his head, “Yu—”

“Phillip! I hate you!”

“For the last time Karina, it's Sungchan!”

The children snapped out of their conversation. They turned to the two fighting voices, seeing a girl with long black hair stomp as she followed a boy with dark brown hair. The girl was seething, brows furrowed as she screamed at the boy.

Xiaojun furrowed his brows, realizing that they were wearing noble clothes. “I wonder from what house they're from.”

“Well, they can't be ours,” Soobin replied, finishing the last of his ice cream cone. “They don't have the crest. And ours don't have any kids.”

Xiaojun nodded his head, “Maybe visitors. Anyway,” He made them listen to him by snapping his fingers in front of their faces, “Taro, does that mean we can't see you anymore?”

Shotaro shook his head no, “No! I can always ask dada. And I'm sure Mister Sehun would be with me. He can convince dada.”

“Mister Sehun?” Xiaojun furrowed his brows. “Who—”