𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

The werewolf, Sehun, looked down at the kid who was holding his pointer finger with their stubby hand. He grimaced. How did it end up like this? Last he recalled, he was supposed to be hunting food for his breakfast, not bringing a child to school.

The two were now overlooking the town over a hill. The town was crowdy, a typical scenario early in the morning. The townsfolk were filling the streets, carrying baskets full of items; kids dressed in their best attires were heading to school carrying books or carrying their backpacks; even the town animals were filling the streets as they were being pushed and pulled by the farmers.

Shotaro moved closer to his newfound friend, taking hold of their beige trousers. “I don't like it.”

“Well, you have to suck it up, kid.” Sehun gruffly retorted, continuing their walk with a long stride. “You're gonna go here five times a day in one week.”

Shotaro puffed his cheeks, pouting, “They're scary.”

“Yeah...” As much as Sehun wanted to make the kid like humans, he could not lie to himself that humans were scary. They could do more despicable things than supernatural and magical beings can do. “But, why are you scared? You're human yourself.”

Shotaro shook his head and whimpered, “Scary.”

Sehun raised a confused brow. He was sure the kid was human. He meant, there were no sharp or weirdly shaped tail attached to his lower back, the tips of his ears were round and smooth—he had two as well, he had two dark brown eyes, one head, and a small face. The only weird thing was how stubby he was, but that was because he was a child.

The kid couldn't be a hybrid, obviously. He also couldn't be a fairy or other magical being seeing as he didn't emit a scent that said so. It was either a sweet or sour fragrance that said a lot about what type of magic you possessed. The sweeter the scent, the more safe your magic was, the more good your magic was to the world. The more sour, the more dangerous the magic was. This was regarded as bearers of the dark spells.

Maybe it was the parents, Sehun concluded. He regrets thinking this early with an empty stomach.

They were now in front of the town. The large welcome sign looming over them with a dark shadow. Sehun glanced at the kid. Taro? Was he right? 

“Hey kid," He nudged the kid who was holding onto his long legs for dear life, “We're here. Might wanna, might wanna let go now.”

Shotaro shook his head no, “Don't wanna.”

Sehun sighed. Why was he bothering with this? He should have left this kid in the forest. Why didn't leave the kid in the forest? He came to a daunting realization. Right, his conscience.

“I'm going to bend down kid so you better move.” Sehun motioned to crouch down, prompting Shotaro to let go of his leg and stand in front of him, a sad pout on his chubby face. He sighed for the nth time, “Look here kid, you're gonna have a wonderful day, okay? The kids will like you. Don't worry about that. You're cute so the girls would probably fawn over you.”

He couldn't believe he was giving a random kid some peptalk before they go to school. Where was the parent in this?

Shotaro's eyes downcasted onto his tiny shoes. “They'll think I'm weird because I live outside.”

“Huh?” Sehun had no idea what the kid meant, but for the sake that this kid goes to school on time, so be it,  “Why would they think that's weird? That's cool kid! Living in a town can get very stuffy.” as from personal experience.

Shotaro looked up at him hopefully, “Really? They'll like Shotaro?”

So Shotaro huh, fitting, Sehun thought, “Yup! Say, why don't you tell me all about it after school?”