𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙙

-

VIII
something the killer would say !

-

They dash, still with arms linked, into the nearest open doorway. It looks like the master bedroom. Angelina is there, entering from the bathroom door, she's very obviously gotten lost in an attempt to find the front door. "What's going on?"

The ghost is right behind them, hurtling through the door way and slinging his knife at whatever is near him. He knocks into Angelina, causing her to fly backwards, and land against the hard wood floor. Dewey comes tumbling through the door after him, making the ghost whip around with his knife extended. He slashes Dewey's arm, cutting right through his jacket and peeling at his forearm.

Kim is just a foot away, and she kicks her right foot in the air, slamming into the killer's stomach. He falls backwards, tripping over Angelina. The Sidney double is squirming underneath him, punching over and over again at his chest in a desperate attempt to fling him off. He stands, lifting her up with him before stomping down the hall with her over his shoulder.

Kim watches as the ghost gets further and further down the hall. "He took Angelina!" She ducks down, grabbing ahold of Dewey's arm as he groggily sturs on the floor. She and Gale both holst him upwards.

"Where did Jennifer go?"

Gale and Dewey both turn, scanning the room. Both Mia and Jennifer have disappeared. Kimberly bites her lip, looking towards both exits. "I don't get it, how did they slip past us?" She mumbles, inching through the bathroom door, which leads to a second guest room. Her two friends are close behind, desperately trying to not split up.

They enter the guest room, where one full wall is just mirror. From behind his blonde friend, Dewey tilts his head. "Do you guys hear that?"

"Hear what?"

The three go absolutely quiet, listening intently for a moment. A beat passes, and Kim reaches up and tugs Dewey's shoulder. "The glass! It's moving." She exclaims.

Both Dewey and Gale's eyes widen, noticing as the glass waves back and forth. Someone is pounding on two panes from the other side. Shaking, Dewey raises his gun and begins shooting the glass mirrors one by one. Apparently, he should have started from the other half, because when he shoots the very last pane, Jennifer comes tumbling out, limp and gushing blood from her stomach. Mia rolls out shortly after, bleeding profusely from her neck.

Gale and Kim scream. "They're dead!"

Dewey gulps, and then tugs the girls' arms as he leads them out the bedroom door and back down the grand staircase. "Angelina!" They call through the house, looking for any sign of the brunette.

"I'm gonna check out front." Dewey mumbles to Gale before turning on his heel. He struts out the front door, Kimberly decidedly joining him. They exit the front doors, circling the left side of the house and the opposite side of the pool before making their way back inside. That's where they find her, laying unconsciously on the concrete to the right of the front door. She's bleeding profusly from the head, and she doesn't appear to be breathing. "Oh, shit."

Dewey ushers Kimberly back inside, his hand on her back, and being careful not to let go of her. They re-enter the house, but Gale's not where they left her. "Where'd you go?" Kimberly calls out.

Just then, Kimmy's phone begins to ring loudly from her pocket, causing her to jump. With shaky hands, she reaches down and fetches her phone. "Hello?" She answers into the speaker, "who is this?"

"Kimmy, it's me."

Kim's face drops, and she holds the phone facing up between Dewey's ear and her own. "Gale? Where are you?"

"Kim, I'm in the basement. I'm trapped."

"Where?"

"There's a door in the kitchen." Gale whispers.

Dewey reaches for the door swiftly, but Kim grabs his wrist. "How do we know this is really you, Gale, and not the killer?"

"Kimberly, open the fucking door. It's me."

Dewey and Kim exchange sideways looks. "Well, don't you think that's something the killer would say?" He asks carefully.

"Come on, he's at the bottom of the staris. Out cold."

Kim sighs, releasing Dewey's arm and allowing him to twist the door open. Sure enough, there's Gale, sitting feet from the ghost, who's laying sideways at the bottom step. Abruptly, the hooded figure jumps to stand, causing Gale to roll out of the way and into the corner.

Dewey gasps, pushing Kimberly right behind him as he tosses his gun up, aiming it down at the killer. However, all the gun does is click when he pulls the trigger. He's out of bullets. "Shit."

The killer looks lost for a moment before he looks down at the signature knife in his hands. He holds it up, and then hurtles it in Dewey's direction. It pops him right on the forehead, but luckily it's the handle side. The knife clinks to the ground, and then so does Dewey. The force of the throw must have knocked him out, because now he's the unconscious one barreling down the staircase. He lands at the killer's feet, where Gale crawls forward to his aid.

The reporter looks up at the killer and then whips around, "Kimmy, run!"

The blonde gasps, she can't leave them down there alone. "No!"

"Kim, get the fuck out of here now. Just run!"

The blonde looks right at the killer, her face nearly becoming just as pale as his. Hesitantly, Kim jolts, and then she turns and dashes her way through the hall, checking behind her every other second to make sure he's not close behind. Within seconds, she finds herself hidden beneath hangers of clothes in the hall closet just off the main living room. She's gasping sporadically, struggling to catch her breath. "Fuck, fuck, fuck." She spurts.

After a moment of complete and utter silence, she realizes she's been clutching onto her cell phone nearly the entire time. She removes it from against her chest and takes a look at all of her contacts. Then, she pulls it to her ear, listening to it ring and ring.

"Hello?"

"Stu?" Her voice sounds rough like brail, she's quite and shaky, and Stu notices it right away.

"What the fuck, Kim? Are you okay, what's going on?"

Kim squeezes her eyes shut, swallowing the bial in her throat. "Stu, the killer's here. He's in the house. He has Dewey and Gale."

"Oh, my god, Kimberly, Where are you? Are you safe?"

"I got away, I'm hiding in a fucking close, but Stu. . .I'm scared." She can hear him let out a breath through the speaker. "I'm so fucking scared."

"Where are you?"

Kim gulps, because momentarily, she'd completely forgotten where they were for a second. "Some fucking pedo producer's house, John Milton."

"Do you know the adress?"

She thinks for a second. "Yeah, Sidney— or the killer sent it to me. It's saved."

"Forward it to me. I'll be there in a few."

Kim bites her lip, "okay, I'll send it now."

She can hear Stu grumble, and the line get a little frigid. "Kimberly, sweetheart, I need you to not fucking move."

"But—"

"No fucking buts, Kim. Do not fucking move unless you absolutley have to, do you understand?"

She squeezes her eyes shut real tight, breathing in and out as calmly as she can attempt. "Okay."

"I love you."

"I love you, too." The line goes dead, and now all Kim can do is sit silently and wait.