𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧, 𝙫𝙤𝙞𝙘𝙚𝙨

-

VII
drinks, drugs, girls, movies, and shit !

-

The group is currently settled into Dewey's car, which is not so safely speeding down the highway. Their on their way to catch up with Sidney and Kincaid at the police station. Milton is basically a dead end, and he was all they had. How are they supposed to comeback to Sid empty handed? No new information.

"We have to think, strategize. Milton's the key to everything." Jennifer is ranting, her face peered in between the front seats.

From behind the drivers seat, Kimberly grits her teeth. "He may be a pervert, but I highly doubt he's the key."

Jennifer turns her head ninety degrees, giving Kim a dramatic glare. "He's got to be involved somehow," she cries, "we should follow him!"

From the front seat, Dewey and Gale exchange exhausted looks, and Kim runs a hand through her hair with her head pressed against the window.

"We're going back to the presence to tell Sid and Kincaid what we found out. We have no solid proof, and that could get us into all sorts of trouble." Dewey demands, his tone of voice telling the brunette that was he says is final.

Jennifer pushes herself backwards to lean against her seat, defeated. "My Gale would be much more aggressive. My gale would suspect everybody. My Gale—"

Kim tosses her clenched hand right at Jennifer's stomach. "My Gale would shut the fuck up." Her jaw sets as a buzzing begins to come from underneath near. She lifts herself off her seat in order to fish her phone from her back pockets "Hello?" She places the speaker against her ear.

"Kim, it's Sidney."

Kim intakes a sharp breath, almost relieved to her the brunettes voice. "Sid, hey. We're on our way back—"

"No, no. Listen, I'm not at the station. John Milton called me. Said he had something to tell me, about my mom. I'm going to meet him at his house."

Kim's heart drops though her chest, her mouth falling open. "No, Sidney, I—"

Dewey shoots his head around, not caring about keeping his eyes on the road any longer. "What— What's she saying? Is she okay?"

Momentarily, Kim ignores him. "Sidney, that's not a good idea."

"No, it's okay. Kincaid's with me. I've got official big time LAPD protection, but I'd feel better if you guys were here."

Subconsciously, Kim sinks her teeth into the inside of her cheek, her chest aching with an unwell feeling. "Okay, okay. We're on our way, but Sid—"

"Perfect, thanks."

The line goes dead before Kimmy can utter out another words. The blonde drops the phone from her ear, sighing. "Dewey, turn the car around." She demands.

The deputy did as told, thinking he could as questions later. Once the car does a full u-turn and their barreling down the highway going the opposite way, he opens his mouth. "Where're we going?"

"John Milton's house."

Kimberly pulls her door open before the car can even come to a complete stop. She's climbing out and making her way up the driveway of the producers mansion. Gale, Dewey, and Jennifer speedily follow after her, but only after Dewey can pull the car into park.