Rebirth

Scarlett couldn't feel anything. Nothing but bright red flashing pain, as cool water droplets poured down from the thunderous and angry sky. Just as angry as Scarlett herself. All her life, Scarlett wished to be important to somebody. To be wanted, and loved, to be looked upon like the bright and warm sunlight shining on your face after a brutal and cold winter. She was so tired, tired of not being loved and needed, she decided she didn't need to be there. As she lay, broken and bloody, she felt happy for the first time in what felt like years, and she saw the bright tunnel aiding her passing to afterlife. As her soul soul stood up from the wet and sandy pavement, she looked back upon herself and felt only some small regret. Regret for not trying harder. For not succeeding as she desperately hoped for. With sorrow in her eyes, she turned her back to her broken body and flashing lights, and began to walk through the glowing, white tunnel. She began to run, as if to outrun all her problems. Scarlett ran so fast, she practically began to fly. However, she could run no more. A terrible pain struck her head and black over took her vision. The pain was like nothing she had ever experienced. It was dark and cold, swirling around her mind and gripping her brain, clawing it to shreds. As the torture intensified, she lost consciousness and tumbled to the ground, where she lay in a heap on the soft white floor.