Chapter Three

It has been a month since Drew flew back to Ohio. He calls as much as he can. I'm glad he finally had the chance to spend quality time with his family. I feel like he would come back to his family with an English accent.

        The only reason I'm not insane yet is because I'm constantly training for my figure skating competition which is in about three weeks and my best friend, Zoe, visits everyday and sucks in all the insanity I have in this apartment. She's—uh—special, yeah, she's a very special person.

        "That picture of Drew with a girl in Ohio is everywhere. Twitter is on a rampage. Is he even aware of all of this?" She asked. "Are you not threatened? Intimidated? Furious? Nothing at all?" She questioned, angrily. "Well, I shouldn't be. I—I trust him. He would never betray me." I said quite defensively. She can't accuse Drew as a person with infidelity. He's not like that.

        She clears her throat, "Well," She cleared her throat. "Let me read you this article from Sugarscape." She took my silence as a sign for her to continue.

"The Tide blond hottie, Drew Dirksen, touched ground in Ohio for a month now. While the whole world is aching for another night of witnessing him and his fellow hotties—I mean, bandmates on stage grasping instruments and belting out Falling in Love Tonight with such passion, our four boys are on break. While we expected the reunion of the greatest tandem of all time and by that I mean Dralex, Drew headed home a few weeks after visiting his girlfriend in London.

"But what's this? Drew has been going out with ex-girlfriend, Leila Holmes, lately. Does this mean Dralex called it quits? Is this the reason why Drew went home? What do you think? Tell us your theories on the comments below." She finished.

I scrunched my brows together in disbelief. Can't a male and a female hang out without being categorized as dating? Geez, people these days. "Why are you so suspicious over it? Drew knows his boundaries. I swear he would never cheat on me." I tried to convince her. Well, I shouldn't need to. She has to understand he would never do that and it's not like it's her relationship.

        "Alright, well, the pictures are different everyday and they're becoming more frequent. Do you even open your twitter account? You're so behind everything!" She said, exasperatedly. "I don't use it unless I have to spam vote The Tide." I explained. "Well you might want to take a look. Your boyfriend's fans are on frenzy. Most of them assumed you broke up."

Wait, do those pictures actually look too sweet to make them think we broke up?

 "Can I see the pictures?" I asked. She handed me her phone and there are, in fact, a lot of pictures of him with this brunette and they're everywhere. There's a picture of them at a bar, walking on the sidewalk, at the beach. With every swipe, it feels like a punch to the chest.

No, no, no! Drew is not like this. He is not a cheater. I'm sure they're just friends. They're just friends.

        "Well, if it helps, I'll come with you to the club and try not to say 'I told you so'." She said. "No, that doesn't help. He's not cheating on me, okay? Stop accusing him of it!" I snapped. "I'm just saying! When was the last time he called?" She asked. "Last night. He calls me at least once or twice a day so you have no excuse about him forgetting he has a girlfriend." I said. "He used to call you three times in an hour. I'm not even exaggerating." She's getting more defensive. "Well, he's with his family whom he hadn't seen in a year! I understand that he's spending his time with them. I'm supposed to fucking trust him, Zoe, and I do. Why are you so keen on bending that?" Raising my voice wasn't a part of the plan but I'm trying to keep myself together. Drew and I agreed that we need trust to keep this relationship going because we both know he'd be away for a lot of time. This is not news to me. There are several girls who had been rumored to be dating him before and they were never true.

Somehow, this one gets under my skin.

        "Alright, fine. I'll let him slide for now but tell him to look up the word 'girlfriend' and make sure he knows who it is." She said before standing up and leaving the house with a slam of the door.

Well, screw her. She doesn't even know what she's talking about.

I glanced at my wall clock. It's five o' clock in the afternoon.

Well, at least I have my figure skating training to look up to or whenever Drew decides to call me.

So, here's Chapter Three as promised.

Just a little note, some of the chapters would be written in Drew's point of view but for the sake of the story being in the girl's perspective, Drew's point of view will be written in third person.

That wraps up the updates! Next update will be on Saturday, 9:30 PM. It will not be delayed this time. I'm deeply sorry for that.

Don't forget about that giveaway, Filos.

Sincerely,

The Tide Metro x