Chapter 5: Perfect Night (M)

Começar do início

I finished applying my make up going for a soft natural look and put on my earrings giving myself one final look at my large mirror stationed in the corner of my room. I puffed my hair and posed to make sure I looked fantastic, I was not disappointed.

I definitely gained weight but I was happy to see that it was in all the right places. This dress looked better on me now. Reaching for my phone for any updates and saw that Roseanne had arrived about 25 minutes ago. The anxiety I had pushed away with my hot shower came back resting in the pit of my stomach like a bowling ball.

I took a few deep breaths before dusting my dress off from imaginary dust. I opened my door and walked out walking down the stairs—taking my sweet time— to see that my family had already cornered Roseanne on my living room sofa. Roseanne was sitting with her leg on top of the other, sitting straight and nodding with every word my mom said, her sweet smile not wiping off.

She was wearing silky high-waisted pants that were black but looked blue when light caressed the clothing item. She wore a semi-sheer shirt that also looked silky with a lavalliere neck. She looked so elegant and classy and her hair being clipped up with a few strands of hair framing her face just tied it all together. Her hands housed a couple of rings and I don't think I have told her how sexy her hands look when she wears rings. Ringed-up hands definitely did numbers on me.

I hadn't noticed that I spend too much time admiring her that my mom began to wave at me asking me if I just saw Medusa, but in terms of Greek mythology, I think I have seen Aphrodite herself, ascended from the sky to hypnotize my every sense— at least the ones that I do have.

Roseanne stood up and helped me the rest of the way down by holding onto my hand tightly, kissing it when I reached the bottom. She pulled me into her embrace and immediately her perfume took over my nose, washing away the spices in the air that had burned into my nose.

"Hi love, I missed you." She pulled away.

"I missed you too. Family giving you a hard time?"

"Never, in fact, if you didn't come downstairs just now your brother would've stolen me from you. He's quite the flirtatious gentleman." I rolled my eyes with a smile looking back at my parents who were sitting still. My mom was wearing a brighter red pencil skirt dress that reached her calves and complimenting heels while my dad wore a baby pink button-up with gray dress pants. But this was usual for them because they lived to dress up and go on dates often, they were like the couple everyone wanted to be.

"You look, beautiful dear, is that the dress I gifted you?" My mom asked.

"Yes, looks great right?"

"Crazy, you and Roseanne would kill the world if the paparazzi ever catches you." Ok, great Roseanne has already told them about that whole situation, that just made the night a lot easier.

My dad finally stood up stretching before he signed to tell me he was starving so I ran to the kitchen to grab plates and cups as well as silverware.

When I first moved in I bought this huge gray wood table because it was pretty and I wanted to feed my credit score but I've never really used it unless I have friends over which is rare because everyone has kids now or jobs that kill them. Most days if I don't eat at work I find myself eating on my own, sitting on my island as I scroll through social media but lately my newest addition to my life has been great company. She loved to FaceTime me, eating at the same time as me and it's really enjoyable for her because she can chew and have a conversation at the same time.

Roseanne had followed me into the kitchen to help out and was stubborn although I had tried to make her sit down multiple times. She could've just told me she wanted to ruin my lipstick instead of pretending to want to help, but I wasn't complaining.