Color of Flowers

"With the color of flowers burying the sky..."

   A name is said to be the first gift one receives. It is why mortals tend to hold such titles with reverence. One's surname is said to be a matter of pride.

These beginnings were vague and blurry for many, but most of all Y/N L/N. A name never true, yet the only gift she had as she marched into the cold, lonely fields one night. Snow had just begun to cover the earth when she set out, only, sometime later, blanketed her resting place like a quilt.

It was the sound of steps crunching against snow that lulled her will into strength. Her lifeless eyes were captured by a beautiful woman. It was here she would have been taken by Yuki-onna, if the snow woman had not been so taken by her.

A hand outstretched, denied, as the girl rose from the pillow of snow by herself. She offered her name to the frozen lady before her, who, in turn, denied her. It was here the past had passed, and the gift of companionship began for the lonesome girl.

With nowhere to go, the two traveled and met new friends along the way. What little she had before was gone to her. Only now knowing of the laughter and the tears that come with joining lost souls.