𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 11

The silence in the room was deafening. The close proximity made me nervous as hell.

His eyes were boring into mine with such force, I didn't know whether to look away or not.

"And also, I'll tell the maids to stop picking out your undergarments," he added with a light chuckle.

Never have I ever blushed as harder as I did right now. He left his grip on my hand and I quickly turned away, practically running out of the room.

I closed the door with a sigh. At least, I won't get followed around everywhere.

.

Days had passed since my meeting with the Darkling. A Grisha trainer had been helping me out with my powers, telling me the advantages and disadvantages of having it, as well as how to properly use them.

I had a free morning today so I decided to go outside in the garden to read a book I had found earlier while visiting the library.

Walking outside, the fresh breez hit my skin, making me feel relaxed. I walked over to a bench near a fountain and sat down with my legs spread over the bench. I opened my hair from the long braid it was bound in and massaged my head a little. When I was sure to not get a headache while reading, I opened the book.

About halfway through I head footsteps coming towards me. Instinctively, I snapped my head towards the noise to see an angry Ivan walking towards me.

So much for wanting a peaceful morning, Y/N.

"What are you doing here?, I rolled my eyes at his childish question.

"What does it look like?", I snapped back and averted my sight back to the book.

"Looks to me you're trying to serve off yourself to the enemies on a platter," he scoffed.

I felt the anger rise in me.

"And where are the guards? Oh just you wait till the Darkling hears you're strolling around the entire palace without any guard-", before he could finish his sentence, I threw the nearest thing I had towards him, the book.

Let me tell you that was a hardcover, with about 378 pages. So when I heard Ivan's loud 'ouch', I knew it hurt like a bitch.

"What I do does not concern you in any way. And just for your concern, the Darkling knows what I'm doing. Stop being a little bitch", I picked up the book from the ground, fipped my hair back and walked back towards the palace with an angry Ivan strolling after me clutching his nose with his hands.

"You little menace, just wait till I get you alone, I swear to god-", before he could finish his sentence, I raised the book in an attempt to hit him again.

He quickly covered his face with his hands mumbling a little 'no,no' under his breath, but loud enough for me to hear him.

I chuckled silently and turned back, quickly going away from him.

.

"What would you like to wear today, Y/N?", Hera, my stylist asked. I just called her my stylist since calling her a maid of servant would be too low and besides, we're good friends now.

"Anything you think suits me", I replied.

He turned towards the closet, opening it and looking for something for me to wear.

"And what about the undergarments?", she asked and my face flushed a dark shade of red.

She turned towards me with a knowing smirk and I hid my face behind my hands in an attempt to hide my tomato-red face.

"I had quite the laugh outside the Darkling's room when he told me to let you choose what type of undergarments you would wear. Did you really ask him to say that?", she turned back to me with a set of the most comfortable underwears I had and a long blue gown.

"I DIDN'T," I practically screamed at her face.

She took a few steps back, laughing loudly.

"Of course you didn't", she said.

When I felt I was ready to talk, I lifted my head from my hands.

"I don't know what happened to me. I just got overly emotional about everyone just following me here and there and started ranting to him, and it just slipped out of my mouth. I didn't even realize what I was saying unless I said it and-", I stopped.

Hera was standing there with a hand on her hip, a smirk plastered on her face, looking at me as if trying to figure something out.

"You're quite the talker, aren't you?", she said with a smile.

I sighed and turned my body towards the mirror. I felt her hands on my hair, trying to ease out the strands.

"You know, he's not one to care enough for people to pass their messages to others. I've seen him with the Sun Summoner too", hearing Sankta Alina's name, my body perked up.

"Um...if you don't mind me asking, how was he with Sankta Alina?", I asked. I've always heard the stories outside the Little Palace, people told me he always intended to use her to expand The Fold, but no one knows better than the people living in the Palace at that time, right?

I felt Hera's hands momentarily stop on my hair. Maybe she's not supposed to tell me about it.

"Hey, it's okay if you don't want to tell me-", before I could finish my sentence, I heard her voice.