Welcome to the Bat Family

"Grayson speaking" I said, confused that there was no caller Id.

"Dani? It's Donna" the other voice said.

"Donna, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"It's about something Bruce said," she said worriedly.

"And that would be?" I ask confused.

"It's time to bring in a new Robin."

"I know but how's that going to look when there's no signs of a Batman or Robin for months and now all of a sudden there's a Robin?" I ask confused.

"Bruce will take care of it. Just find a new Robin Asap. I'll check in with you soon."

"Wait Donna, have you heard from Dick at all?" I ask quickly.

"All you need to know is he's safe. Bye Dani" she says hanging up.

I made it home quicker than usual since I didn't wait for Jason. I pull into the garage and go inside to look for Alfred and something to eat since I skipped lunch. I walked into the kitchen after dropping my backpack in the living room next to Tim's. I entered the kitchen to find my brother Tim, there reading a paper about something in Gotham.

"Hey buddy" I said.

"Hey, have you heard anything from dad yet?" Tim asked hopefully.

Tim was twelve, the youngest out of the four of us, but just because he was the youngest didn't mean anything. Tim was the most enthusiastic about being a Wayne. He had the strength and dignity Bruce wanted us all to have but Tim was the one that usually got the praise and first place in Bruce's eyes. Dick was the oldest. He was 23, and he never really wanted to be Robin in the first place but eventually he learned to like it. Dick wasn't home much since he decided he wanted to move out and get a real job during the day, so he left Gotham and got a job as a detective, so he doesn't come around much leaving Alfred and I to look out for him. Our other brother Damian was 19, He went off to college so he could take over Wayne enterprises when Bruce retired, but he was supposed to come home soon so he can get back on patrol. He missed it and he kept up with news here while he was away so he's up to date on everything here and He really wants to come home. We all had our roles as Robin but Tim was still too young to actually be Robin but we needed him on Patrol and I convinced Bruce to let him train with us and I was the only one who saw that Tim was ready so Bruce let him come on patrol sometimes on weekends, so we always called him Red Robin, Who will continue to be Red Robin when his time to fill the role comes. I don't have a name in suit, but Damian was Robin till he left so lately it's been just me out on Patrol.

"Not yet but I heard from Damian" I said, watching as Tim looked at me in surprise.

"Really how's he doing?" Tim asked as I grabbed an apple off the counter next to him.

"Well, he's doing good. He might come see us soon, didn't say when just that he should be home soon" I said.

"Oh, and what about Dick?" He asked.

"He's safe, that's all I heard. Hopefully he'll reach out soon. Did you do your homework?" I said changing the subject.

"I was going to ask Alfred to help me with it, but I haven't seen him yet" Tim said boredly.

"Tell, you what, we'll do our homework together and then we can go down to the cave and look at a few files for Dad. Sound good?" I ask giving him a cookie from the cabinet.

"Deal" he said jumping down from the counter and going to get our backpacks from the living room.

I met him in the study after I went to my room to change out of my uniform and put on a pair of jeans with a tank top with one of Damians old flannels. Tim was digging through his backpack when I came in and sat down next to him.

"Can I borrow a pencil? I can't find mine" he said freaking out a little

"Behind your ear kiddo" I said grabbing it for him.

He smiles and then starts working on his assignment as I finished mine up from earlier. When we finished, I put Tim's assignment back in his folder after I checked it over and then put our backpacks by the door.

I then went to see if I could find Alfred while Tim was putting on his house clothes.

"Alfred?" I said walking into Bruce's office to see Damian standing next to him.

"Dani, Can I help with something dear?" he asked turning to me.

"I was just going to let you know Tim and I finished our homework, I double checked it already and I'm bringing Tim with me down to the cave to look at a few files Bruce sent" I said.

"Thank you for letting me know" he said.

Damian turned and saw me and opened his arms as if waiting for a hug.