𝟭𝟯 - ❝𝗞𝗜𝗕𝗨𝗧𝗦𝗨𝗝𝗜'𝗦 𝗖𝗨𝗥𝗦𝗘❞

Start from the beginning

ah. a blood demon art?

"do you know the truth about kibutsuji?" she asks and susamaru gasps offendedly, "what the hell did you say?" she yells, obviously aggravated.

"that man is nothing but a coward. he lives in constant fear of something" tamayo provokes.

you watch with a slight tilt of your head, wondering what the two are conversing about.

you can only guess it's some kind of diversion trick.

"stop! aamn you, stop it!" susamaru screams.

"do you know why it is that demons can't group up? the reasons why demons eat each other? It's to prevent demons from teaming up and attacking him. that's how he manipulates you. demons like you. " tamayo explains calmly, though you could sense the raging anger coursing through her.

"shut up!.... shut up! shut up! no way is he that petty!" she defends.

"the power he wields is mind-blowing! there's no one stronger than him! not lord kibutsuji!" she gasps in terror, noticing her mistake.

your eyes had widened too, managing to catch the name slipping from her lips.

ah, she's said his name.. that curse himejima-sama told me of.. it shall take place..

she drops her temari's and brings her hands up to her mouth, absolutely terrified.

you frown slightly, clenching your fists in tight balls,

muzan kibutsuji.. the fear you in instill in these demons.. it sends me into rage

"you've uttered his name out loud, haven't you? that will trigger the curse." tamayo says. yushiro awes from a distance.

you notice how nezuko seems to be getting drowsy from inhaling the mist, so you take the hint and bring your own sage green, kanji patterned haori to your mouth, holding your breath, too, for safe measure.

"i do feel sorry for you, but.. farewell" tamayo says.

susamaru runs over to face the moon, "please forgive me! please forgive me!" she screams, your frown deepens.

"i'm begging you! please! please forgive me!"

your eyes widen slightly as the whites of her eyes start going purple-ish along with her skin, she holds her stomach in pain as she drops her temari balls, one falling near tanjiro who had just crawled over here.

you gulp slightly,

this is my first time witnessing kibutsuji's curse... how horrible.. i must pity the demons who suffer this in their final moments.

you gasp slightly, watching how three demon arms pop out from her.

you furrow your eyebrows as the top demon arms brings itself to her head and crushes it.

tamayo crouches down next to her clothing, and some limbs with a pitiful look on her face.

"is she dead?" tanjiro asks, face pale.

"she will be momentarily. that's the curse. the flesh will be destroyed by kibutsuji's cells in their body. in general, battles between demons are futile. it's pointless. because they can't inflict fatal wounds on each other. only sunlight and the swords of demon slayers can do so. kibutsuji alone appears to be able to destroy a demon's cells" she explains.

yushiro runs up to tanjiro and shoves a cloth over his mouth, "you can't inhale lady tamayo's spell! it's harmful to the human body! you got that?" yushiro asks and tanjiro nods warily.

tanjiro frowns, only just now reminding himself that neither of those two were members of the twelve kizuki, even if they were such a struggle for him to deal with.

"who knew there were such stupid demons? they decided to hurt lady tamayo. serves them right." yushiro says.

tamayo takes out a needle and takes some off susamaru's blood, "i hope this blood will be instrumental in developing the cure." she says as she put the needle in a box.

"i'm going to take care of nezuko. not only did i medicate her, she also inhaled my spell inadvertently. i'm so sorry" she bows.

yushiro gasps, "don't move a muscle! you're on your own now! i won't leave lady tamayo's side! not for a second!" he yells before rushing over to where tamayo went.

you sweat-drop before nodding vaguely over to tanjiro and strolling over to there they had gone, too.

words ; 1003

words ; 1003

date posted ; 16/03/23

©_behindyou_