Light Out (Chapter 18)

Start from the beginning

"Oh? What a plot twist!"
I say baffled, just as surprised as Cotton was
"I know right? That was unexpected!"

"When I was a young Boy, my fath-"
Bubble jokingly sang to mock the other
"Hmmm, continue singing, I double dare you!"
Mint threatened before its expression changed to shock
"Wait- how do you know the lyrics?
"OoooOhhhhhhHhhhhhh!"
The rest of us chanted in the background

"OH! UHH..."
Bubble stuttered as sweat built up on its face. The gears seemed to have finally turned in Mint's brain as it exclaimed
"Wait you-...pHaHa that's why you make fun of it?! To hide the fact you like it?"

"N-nO! WAIT EH-IT'S NOTLIKETHAT!"
It yelled turning around with a huge blush while Mint got back to Business

"Pfft sure, sure whatever you say~"
Mint teased

"Garhhh REALLY IT'S NOT LIKE THAT!"
Bubble retorted ready to throw punches making Ink a bit nervous

"Hmm~"
Mint continued as we all giggled. By now Ink was holding the angry little Mokke down to stop it from stabbing the other.

"Haha anyway BACK TO BUSINESS! We contacted Kou, Yashiro and Akane. They'll be meeting with us today for further discussion about this plan, they are also manpower. You know in worst-case scenario...which is the most likely scenario."

A chill ran down my spine just at the thought of fighting Teru, the World felt like a never-ending fever dream

"Also the flustered mess here, and I will be tracking down Teru today. We'll report anything suspicious."
Ink explained while leaning on Bubble and with that, we took our leave.

Cotton, Mint and I went to the old club room in the school where we were supposed to meet our soldiers.

The windows in the room were covered up by red fabric and candles were placed all around. The middle of the room was like a stage, it was a circle that was higher than the ground and all around it were stairs so you could comfortably climb up.

Above the stage was a purple-pinkish cloth in the form of a tent, the cloth reached down to the stairs and was neatly tied up by red ribbons.

"Whoah, I want to stand centre stage!"
I say rushing up the stairs as suddenly a heavy feeling let my throat swell up, for a second I thought I saw something move in the back of the room.

Meanwhile Mint clicked on a device and the yellow spotlight shone on me, I squinted my eyes trying to make out the shape of the shadow figure but the light shining on me was blinding.

I rubbed my eyes as they started to hurt and the figure disappeared from my vision. I looked down awkwardly still standing on my spot as suddenly I felt a weird tug at my confidence
"Mint- mind turning that off?"
"Hm? What?"
It yelled back from the shelve

"I'll do it!"
Cotton said and just as it was about to click out the light the door opened interrupting its movement.

A cream-coloured strand of hair peeked through the door
"Ah, so it's here after all!"
Yashiro said as she slammed open the door together with Kou. Behind them Arms crossed and annoyed, Akane trotted into the room.

"Let's get this over with..."
Akane sighed

"Great, the plan will go so, Kou we'll be holding you, hostage!"
Mint announced in the dark while clapping two times

"Huh? What do you-"
Kou questioned as suddenly a rustling and then a creek took us by surprise

"EeeAHHHhH!!"
Frightened high-pitched screams erupted from the classroom as I stepped down from the stage to see what exactly was going on.

As I stepped out of the light everything was pitch black,
"Tie him up, tie him up, tie him up!"
Creatures chanted rhythmically, it wasn't too hard to tell it were Mokke.

"W-what's going on, Kou?"
"SHIT!"
"Get behind me!"
Ruff voices yelled as I could hear somebody pull out a clanking staff

"Oh no~ Weapons aren't allowed!"
Mint's voice seemed to melt into a deep tone. At first, I wasn't sure what was going on but now it made sense. Why did I think we would tell Kou peacefully that we'll be holding him hostage? If the panic on Kou's face isn't genuine Teru would see through our plan, in other words, we need to look like a real threat.

My breath was cut off as with a quick clasp a cold hand was placed over my mouth.
"So you're the one causing all this ruckus~"
My eyes barely had the time to widen as I was pulled backwards and lost my footing.

My head crashed against the floor
"Arghh"
I grunted as bright light shone into my half-lidded eyes. Squinting, tears rolled down my cheek as the blunt pain in the back of my head worsened.

The shadow casting over me blurred and the noises distorted into nothing but a high-pitched beep. The candies in my tummy seemed to be on a mission to make their way up as I continued blinking with bated breath.

"Oh dear, You've been causing my assistant quite some trouble! What do you think I should do about that?"
An amused voice questioned as my hearing started to recover.

Upside down, orange eyes and a mischievous smirk loomed a few inches away from my nose, there was no mistaking this face. It was Number 7.

How and when did he get the information about this meeting? Did he simply follow Yashiro around?...No, it seemed he already was in this room before Yashiro was here. SOMEBODY COMMITTED TREASON, and my mind instantly shifted to his assistant. But I had no evidence to back that claim.

"From all times that you could have made your appearance, why now?"
I question annoyed as the boy floating above me slammed his hands down beside my head.

I flinched at the unsettling sight, something about the shadow cast over his face and the bright light glowing around him looked uncanny.

The upside-down smirk, since he was positioned over my head faltered for a second. He seemed to be waiting for something when suddenly the ribbons of the cloth were removed and the stage we were lying on was fully covered by the purple fabric.

"Now then are you prepared to face the consequences of your actions~"
His voice seemed to echo in the room as suddenly I could feel cold, razor-sharp metal press through my hoodie against my throat.

There was no staying calm anymore as my hands curled into fists and my rapid heartbeat drummed in my ears.

His other hand moved to zip open my hoodie mask, slowly revealing my messy expression. Hair stuck to my face and lines of the previous tears were visible. The dark flush on my nose and cheek also weren't going to go unnoticed.

"Ahaha, you're weaker than I thought!"
He taunted with an amused tone as the blade slowly slid up my throat without cutting me.