002.

KEROSENE | KERO
12:56 PM
SAN FRANCISCO, CA.

"IT'S TOO EARLY" kerosene yawned to herself. she rubbed the bed beside her, calming down when she felt the fur of her border collie.

as much as she didn't want to, she forced herself to separate from the covers.

SOMETHING BOUT by Damedot was heard downstairs, earning a groan from kerosene.

she shared a condo with her cousin bruce, who always seemed to keep her awake with his loud music.

she could hear his voice screaming the lyrics as well. she'd never wanted to slap someone so bad.

"say goodbye to your cousin now pookie, i'm going to kill him by morning" she seemingly whispered.

the dog started to whine meaning he heard her. "i'm kidding.. look, i know how much you love brucie pooh" she giggled as he licked her face.

she trudged her way down the stairs and into the kitchen, causing her cousin to lower the music.

"great! the woman of the hour is up!" his cheery voice said.

he slide her the plate full of...

burnt toast. just the start of the day she wanted.

"y'know, i went on twitter today and saw on bleacher report of that lightskin nigga jordan poole looking at you like you was an animal that he couldn't wait to eat." the dark skin boy chuckled.

she smiled, shaking her head. "people blowing that shit out of proportion. maybe he was just tryna focus or something"

"be forreal" he smacked his lips.

he moved to her side of the table and threw an arm around her. "you should get that. bro is straight buckets 'n im not gonna lie he's kinda cute—"

she smacked her cousin's arm away from her before she stood up from her seat. "nigga get off me! i'm not tryna hear that"

she'd had enough of fans swatting her instagram or twitter, or even her closet friends reaching out about the video.

after bleacher report posted it, rap did, no jumper did, house of highlights did. everyone!

most of the comments recognized her from her brother or cousin and said they would do the same as jordan.

she wanted the whole thing to be over and not for it to be how she started back into sports broadcasting.

"that nigga only like becky's. i couldn't get that if i tried" kerosene lied through her teeth.

the best thing about the camera being cut is that no one heard their ending conversation.

"you won't know if you don't try ke" bruce shrugged, picking up his plate and moving to the living room.

she stared at her nails. maybe he was right. maybe she should've gave jordan her number last night.

what was the harm?

well, you can't dwell on the past.

the only thing she could focus on know was the future, but she loved how many followers the interaction brought her.