Part Three- Her Kight in Shinning Armor

Even with my eyes shut, I could feel liquid sink through my gown. It was obvious that the liquid was blood. I felt nothing. No pain. No sword covered in another's blood. I forced my eyes open to see what had happened. The knights were dead upon the ground, soaking in their own blood. Another knight stands before me, a younger one around my age. He isn't from the opposed but my side. Sort of. He must think I'm the princess from his kingdom, but I'm not. I'm from the twenty-first century, and there's not a drop of royal blood in me, just the stain of the knights' on my white gown.

"You mustn't be here," he said, watching his back incase someone attacks. "They shall attack at any moment given."

"I kind of learned that a second ago," I said. "I'm not going back to the castle. You can't make me."

"I can, miss. No, I must. It is my duty to protect the kingdom at any cost. I mustn't allow you to go back injured."

"If I'm the next heir to the kingdom, then listen to what I say. I'd rather decay out here with a sword lodged in my chest than to go back there!"

"At any cost," he said quietly. He had picked me up, and I screamed my lungs out until we arrived at the front door of the castle. He set me down and knocked on the door; a maid answered.

"Sir Edward," she said. "What are y- Princess Emerson! Come in quickly. The king and queen have been searching for you non-stop all throughout the kingdom!" She helped me inside and waved for "Sir Edward" to go back into the war. "Oh, your gown!"

"It's okay, just a little blood."

"A little? It covers part of the bottom! Come, princess, I shall iron you a new dress and wash this one. Soak in the tub while I do so. You look as if you need it."

"I'm fine."

"Oh, no! Princess, you must! The king and queen will not be pleased with how you look."

The maid showed me to the tub. There, I stripped off the white gown and handed it to her. She left me alone for privacy and so she could clean the dress and get me a freshly ironed one.

It felt as if there were more bubbles in the tub than water. What there was of water, it was warm, a nice temperature to wash away troubles.

The maid came back with the new gown and laid it out for me.

"The market is opened tomorrow. Maybe you would like to visit? I know how you love to watch the young children dance around and play games."

"If I go, I wish to not look like a princess but an average villager. I don't want any attention."

"Yes, miss."