ᴠɪɪɪ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟꜱ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ

Start from the beginning

That had to hurt. But the other part, a bigger part, felt proud of this Davina girl for holding her own.

"Next time, let me tag along." I tell Bekah and she nods, knowing that magic doesn't affect me. Though I really wanted to meet this witch girl that has been up in my mind.

"Let me cut to the chase. Davina has Elijah. You witches, I assume, want to get Davina away from Marcel. We don't know where she is. Ergo, we need magic." Nik says. The shivers has stopped but I get this weird sensation in my stomach. Oh for love of all that's holy, what am I twelve?

Then concern bloomed in me as something resisters in my brain, "What do you want with Davina?" I asked with a questioning glare on my face.

"Witch business." She answers vaguely, causing me to narrow my eyes at her as she turned back to my siblings. "Davina would sense it." Sophie says and the feeling comes back but only more intensely.

Okay, now I'm getting annoyed. What is fuck is going on with me? Sure it's a nice feeling, scratch that, godly feeling but still...

"Unless, of course, another witch, say a traitor to the cause, Katie for example, was to perform much more powerful magic at the same time. That would create a smokescreen, concealing your very small spell from Davina." Bekah says and a smile lights up my face as excitement grows in me. I see Nik glance at me, looking at me weirdly and I shake my head.

He gives me an 'you'll tell me later' glacé and I nod.

"Katie doesn't deserve to die." Sophie says and I sigh glancing at my twin, knowing that he's about to explode. Nik angrily slams his hands on the table and stands up to face her.

"Sophie Deveraux! You're in no position to be so principled. You can't win a war without a few strategic losses, no matter how regrettable they may be. How many times have the vampires been one step ahead, known something they shouldn't? Your sister, executed in the public square for practicing magic- who knew she'd be caught? Did she even attempt to flee?" He asks her and I stand up from the couch incase he gets caught up in the heat of the moment and tried to hurt her.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care about Sophie what so ever but I do care about Hayley and my twin's child.

"She was caught hiding in a cargo hold of a freighter before it set sail down the Mississippi." She says stunned in realization, finally piecing everything together and I did as well.

"And who, pray tell, of Marcel's valued inner circle manages his business at the docks?" He asks and it finally hits me.

Huh, never thought about that.

"Katie's boyfriend, Thierry." Sophie answered with a sigh of agreement.

"Lets go." Nik said, glancing at me.

"Where to?" I asked, confusion filling me to the fullest.

"The compound." He answered before speeding of and I followed not far behind him.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

We are listening to Thierry play his trumpet in the courtyard as various vampires mill around in preparation for the party that Marcel told us about once we arrived. Nik, Marcel and I stand nearby and watch.