ᴠɪɪ. ᴀʟʟ ɪꜱ ꜰᴀɪʀ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀʀ

Start from the beginning

He turns to Josh and annoyance seeps into his expression.

"I ordered you to drain him of blood. What's taking so long?" He asked, clearly irritated with the new turned vampires lack of violence.

"Sorry. I'm not, like, medieval-torture-expert-guy." Josh blurts out anxsiously and amusement fills me.

"And you assume we are?" I ask him, a grin on my lips and my eyebrows raised.

"Sorry, I just assume, cause you know..." He says, trailing off and I nod.

"Yeah, Yeah, I understand." I said. "but, you assumed correctly, being over a thousand years old hybrid, I have an extensive craving for torture." I continued, crossing my arms over my chest and his eyes widen in fear.

"However, I only use torture when that's the second to last resort. Unlike that one." I assured him while gesturing to Nik and he gapes at Nik and I.

"You're twins, aren't you?" He asks surprised and I nod in confirmation. Nik sighs and grabs a pitchfork before he impales Max with it, making Josh wince but I'm not even fazed.

"What did he do to you, anyway?" Josh questioned my twin,deeply horrified by his actions.

"It's not about what he did. It's about what he's going to do when we're done here, which is whatever I want him to, just like you." My twin informs the younger vampire.

"For example- drive this through his torso." Nik compels him and hands the weapon to him. Josh immediately obeys, though he looks mortified as he does so.

"That is crazy. I didn't want to do it, but I did it anyway." He blurts frantically, his eyes opening wide.

"It's perks of being an Original." I say smiling. ThankLilith no one can compel us.

"It's called mind compulsion. Vampires can compel humans. Originals, like my siblings and I, can also compel vampires, and no one can compel Originals. You following?" Nik asks Josh nods, looking slightly taken back.

"It gets better eventually." I tell him and he nods again.

"Good. That is how a brand-new nightwalker such as yourself is here doing my bidding with no one the wiser." Nik tells him and I see the oppertunity to tease him.

"Of course he means me." I tell him raising my hand. He gives me a annoyed glare and I laugh at him.

"But I never had my guts drained out of me." Josh says confused.

"Yes. That, young Joshua, is because I got to you before you had even a drop of herbal vervain in your system. You see, it prevents compulsion. Marcel has had his whole crew taking it since I returned to town, and that is why our friend here needs to be bled dry of it, so I can compel him to follow my every command. And with my brother currently in captivity awaiting rescue, we can't afford to be gentle about it, can we?" Nik says and takes back the pitchfork and runs it through Max's abdomen before twisting it roughly.

"Oh and about vervain." I started, looking at Josh and he turns to me. "Might not want to try it, burns like hell." I explain to him and I heard Nik's phone buzzing.

"Thanks for the tip." He said, appreciatively, nodding his head and I smiled at him while Nik pulls the pitchfork out of Max's abdomen and hands it to the appalled vampire.