Chapter ten: "If you walk out on me, I'm walking after you"

Start from the beginning

- "Hey Derek, what can I do for you?"

- "Hotch asked me to tell you a few cadets are coming today for a talk with him and Rossi, and he wanted you to assist him."

- "Sure, what time?"- I honestly didn't have time to do it, but anything that meant staying away from Spencer seemed to be a good idea at the moment.

- "Half hour. He wanted to see you in his office."- I smiled at Derek and stood up.

- "Thank you, Morgan. Excuse me."- I gathered a notebook, a pen, and my phone, and left the room without any other word or even looking at Reid.

I waved at Prentiss and JJ on my way to Hotch's office, and they looked at me as if they had seen a ghost. Did I really look that bad? I took mental notes of checking my makeup before the meeting with the cadets. Hotch's door was open, so I knocked and just walked in before he would say anything.

- "Hey, Morgan said you needed me."

- "Yes, please take a seat."- I moved a chair closer to his desk and got ready to listen. Aaron finished signing a few papers and looked at me.

- "Did you sleep?"

- "Do I look too bad?"- I ran my fingers through my hair, probably making a mess, as Hotch raised an eyebrow- "Yes, I slept. Mom and I had a few drinks last night."

- "I was gonna ask you to assist me in talking with a few cadets, but I think I'm gonna ask JJ to help."

- "What? Why? Do I really look that bad?"- Hotch stared at me frowning and didn't say a word. His mouth was a straight line- "I'm gonna take that as a yes."

- "I'm not saying you look bad, but you are clearly tired."

- "I'm ok. What do you need me to do? Talk with the kids? Look charming? Sell them the BAU?"

- "Could you and Penelope get a few things to eat? The catering failed us."- I somehow felt disappointed, but simply nodded. When Morgan said Hotch needed my help, I thought it was something important. Not being his personal shopper assistant.

- "Do you have a grocery list or something?"- I stood up and he handed me a piece of paper.

- "Thank you, (Y/N). I appreciate it."

Now I wasn't just tired and depressed, I also felt insulted. Great. I walked through the bullpen straight to Garcia's batcave on the other side of the floor. There she was, talking with Morgan, giggling like a schoolgirl, staring at him as he smiled at her.

- "Hey guys. Garcia, Hotch asked me to take you shopping today."- I looked at my friends and tried to look cheerful. Of course, it didn't work.

- "Oh my god, munchkin, did you sleep?"- Garcia jumped from her chair and walked to me. Her hands rested on my arms as she sweetly caressed me.

- "I did, I had a rushed morning, that's all. So, ready to go? We are in a hurry." - Garcia looked at me and then looked at Morgan, who just stood up nodding.

- "Yes, sure. I have to powder my nose first. Wait for me in your car?"- I raised an eyebrow and stared at her. She was blushing, and nervous.

- "Sorry pretty girl. We were just about to finish talking, I need to tell her something. Why don't you wait for Garcia in your car? She'll be there in a second"

The way Morgan called me "pretty girl" was odd, for the first time. He was lying, but I didn't know which part was bullshit. And to be completely honest, I didn't want to know. I was sleepy, hungover, and grumpy. I just agreed with his idea and walked out of the batcave. It was already bad enough having to go get groceries for Hotch to add more drama to the whole experience.