20

"Eden, please, wait," Chapa shouted. The young superhero tried to keep up with the upset girl. Eden kept walking down the hill, backpack slung over one shoulder. Chapa huffed as she saw Eden take out her phone. The red haired girl kept calling after her, but she didn't listen. Chapa only saw one option, a red glowing lightning bolt left her fingertips and hit the smartphone of the brunette.

"What the hell, Chapa!?" Eden dropped her burned phone and looked up with a face full of disbelief. Chapa slowly approached the shocked girl. "Do you have any idea how long I've worked to pay for this phone?!"

"Look, I'm sorry, I'll pay you back but would you please just listen to me?" Eden sighed and gestured for Chapa to continue. "I'm sorry I was rude to you, I'm just not used to having someone new around me. The four of us have been solving crime for a while and it's strange that suddenly somebody else tags along. I just need to get used to it. I need to get used to you."

Eden peered at the dusty ground and mumbled, "Still doesn't give you the excuse to be a jerk." Chapa nodded shamefully with her hands in the pockets of her jacket. "I know, I don't need you to forgive me either, I just want you to know I'm sorry," she cleared her throat, "would you maybe wanna go to Hip Hop Puree for a Sorry Smoothie?"  Eden was hesitating but agreed with a muttered 'okay, fine'.

At Hip Hop Puree

Eden Young was slurping her way through her third puree when she finally decided to speak; "This is really good!" Chapa laughed and responded "I've noticed." A small smile grew on the brunette's lips as she said; "You're actually quite okay, still angry about my phone though." The redhead chuckled quietly; "I guess you're fine too," she admitted. A small smile grew on the red haired girl's face, too.

A beeping noise came from Chapa's phone, she put her cup down and checked the screen. Chapa jumped up and groaned; "Emergency call." Eden was still slurping at her straw, minding her own business. Chapa looked at her with awaiting eyes; "Well? What are you waiting for?" Eden crossed her arms not moving from her spot. Chapa sighed and leaned her arms on the backrest of her chair, she worked her jaw and said; "Alright, so this is how it's going to be huh? Okay," she cleared her throat and pinched her eyes shut, "Fine, Eden, we need you. Without you this mission will fail." Her voice so low, chills ran up Eden's back.

ARDEN KELLY

"That's it for today, amazing job girls!"

I swallow roughly, my throat running dry. A burning red blush creeps up my cheeks, a knot is getting tighter in my abdomen. Havan helps me up from my seat and wraps her arm around my shoulder, leading me off set.

"What's got you all flustered Miss Kelly?" She hushes in that same deep voice, causing my heart to beat faster than it already did. A small smirk grew on her lips, she knows exactly what she's doing to me. Her thumb softly strokes small circles on my shoulder blade. I glance around alerted, hoping no one is nearby. Havan grins and whispers; "Relax, this can be interpreted as a friendly gesture."

Separating our ways, my hand grabbing the handle of my dressing room door. Before I go inside to get dressed, I turn my head over my shoulder and glance at Havan, trying to hide a smile. Turning my head back in front of me, I shut the door behind me. I take a deep breath and slump down on the chair in front of the vanity. Cleaning the bit of make-up off of my face with wipes, I move on to taking my suit off. I grab my phone from my pocket and double tap on the screen, being greeted by a picture of Havan and I laughing after a failed opportunity of doing a smoulder after watching Tangled. Opening my Notes app before typing all the ideas I got for a first and well-deserved date with her. A small knock lands on the wooden surface of my dressing room door. Once I open the door, it reveals Dana with a big smile that reaches the apples of her cheeks. I take a step back, thinking it would have been Havan.