1

ARDEN KELLY

A beeping tone rings in my right ear as I wait for the line to go over. With my large black suitcase by my side, I'm looking around, trying to spot a small crowd of other teenagers. The familiar soothing voice of my  mother wakes me up from my haze. "Hello, my love. Have you arrived safely?" She speaks softly.

"Morning mum, I just got off my flight, I just need to find the cast and I'll be able to rest for a bit. When I get the time to call you, I will, sounds good? Alright I love you mama, talk to you soon. "

The connection is broken at the other end of the phone. A sigh leaves my lips as I put my phone away. I look around me, just in case I spot a sign with my name on it. A few months ago, I received an important phone call. I got the big opportunity to star in the Nickelodeon series Danger Force. Today was the first time I would meet my fellow cast members.

So here I am, all the way from freezing Canada to sunny California. Leaving my family behind for five months. Of course I will miss them but I will have a new family who will make it feel like home.

As I continue to look for a sign, I spot a group of people with four teenagers among them. My eyes turn to the large sheet of paper they are holding. The words 'Arden Kelly' are written in large letters. Quickly I grab my suitcase and make my way towards them. Some of the faces look familiar from photos and videos I've watched of previous episodes.

I recognise Cooper and Michael, I used to like watching Henry Danger when I was younger. Who I recognise from the teenagers are Luca, Dana, Terrence and Havan. When I come closer, they notice me. A smile appears on my face. I stop in front of the teens and offer my hand. The girl called Dana, ignores my hand and embraces me in a warm hug. I didn't see it coming, but I accepted it.

"Hi! It's so nice to finally see you."

"Likewise!" I say enthusiastically. Luca gives me a quick hug. After Terrence greets me with a terrible fake English accent, Havan stands in front of me.

"Hello Arden. I am really looking forward to spending time with you! You're part of the Nick family now."

She gives me a hug. Looking over her shoulder, I see the others looking at us with a grin. I throw them a questioning look, to which they reply with a simple shake of the head. She lets go and turns to the others and asks; "Everyone ready to go?"

To which I reply, "Where to?"

"Home." Smiles Havan.

I nod and start walking with them while Cooper takes my luggage. A big Range Rover is waiting outside the doors of the airport. Terrence hops in first and the rest follows. Michael is the driver and accelerates, we are off to 'home'. I am seated between Luca and Dana, with Havan in front of me. She gives me a sweet smile.

"So, would you like to tell us a bit more about yourself, Arden?" Cooper asks. I nod.

"Yeah sure. Where do I start? I'm 15 years old. I was born in London and lived there for most of my life, hence the accent but a few years ago I moved to British Columbia, Canada. Now I live in Squamish with my older brother Ansle, my single mother Juliette and cat, Ziggy.

Dana smiles and says; "It seems that your mother liked unique names. Is there any reason why she gave you those names?" I let out a laugh, having an explanation already.

"My name has two meanings: it's the name of the magical forest from Shakespeare's As You Like It. It also means the valley of the eagle. My mother loves special meanings to names. For my brother's name, no clue, I guess she just really liked it?"

They all laugh. Finally the car came to a stop. Michael speaks out

"Alright Hava, Arden. See you guys in two days."

I look up with confusion. Havan takes my hand and says, "You stay at my house. I thought that was agreed upon? Didn't you know this?"

I shake my head 'no'. Everyone in the car said goodbye as we stepped into her house. When we are in the kitchen she puts the key on the counter and looks at me.

"Welcome home!"