Chapter 2- Lumine's grand idea (1)

"Uhm... Playing tug of war? Hehehe...." I chuckled nervously, resisting the urge to facepalm. Lumine, you idiot, you dimwit. What are you saying? 

The golden wolf was approaching, slowly, like a sadistic serial killer in a horror movie who enjoyed watching their victims struggle. I subconsciously took a step back.

"Hey."

He let out a low growl, inches away from my face. Screaming internally, I stared back at him, fighting against the strong urge to look away.

"What were you doing?"

His gaze felt like it could pierce my soul. I tried to remain calm.

Okay, there may be a way out of this.

Thinking that, I cocked my head to the side. Furrowing my brows, I looked straight into his eyes and spoke.

"Huh? Wha-? What do you mean?"

He slammed his paw onto one of the cage bars. I flinched. The whole cage rattled from the impact.

Huh? What was I doing? Come to think of it, what am I? What is life?

Feeling dazed and scared, I struggled to come up with an excuse.

"Haha... What do you mean? I was bored. Won't you feel bored if you're in a tiny cage too? I didn't have any oxygen so my brain couldn't think properly. So, I -"

I paused, blushing in embarrassment.

"I started dancing... Uhm who knew dancing could be so noisy? Haha..."

The golden wolf paused. He wasn't a fool. Raising a brow, he stared at the little white pup in front of him.

I don't believe any sane person would do this. But if it is this pup...

I grinned at him.

It just might be possible.

The golden wolf stared long and hard at me. I gulped. Staring back just as fiercely, I tried to hide the slight tremble in my hind legs.

Welp, I dug my own grave. I guess I'm going to die.

My heart beat loudly against my chest, and after what seemed like hours, the golden wolf tore his gaze away from me.

"Sigh..."

He turned and lay down beside my cage. His breathing became gentler.

It... it worked?!

Stupefied, I blinked several times into empty space.

Wow... It worked.

I let out a huge breath, clutching my heart. That was terrifying. Breathing heavily, I gripped my trembling arm tightly. I sighed.

"Hah..."

I thought I was going to die, just like last time .

I looked down at the cage floor and chuckled wryly.

Well, papa- I didn't lose, for now.

Curling into a small ball, I felt my eyelids slowly starting to getting heavy. It was warm.  And I was exhausted.

I need to get out of this place soon...

And just like that, I drifted off into a long, preaceful sleep. 

******

I promise Kody would appear... soon. Also a sprinkle of angst for you guys. (Poor lumine :( )

Also sorry if this chapter is a bit short. I have school and homework and, well yeah...