2✿⁠ Decisions, Decisions

"Penelope Eckhart, would you do me the honour of disposing arrogant bastards? A noble Princess can't be bothered doing it herself so I hope you wouldn't mind."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Siyeon... I wonder what she's doing now,

My head moved up towards the cloudless blue skies, clear enough for me to never suspect that a storm was bound to occur. No rain, just some thunder and a bit of lightning, but mostly irrational bad omen.

Ah. I'm alone yet again, nothing out of the ordinary has happened lately. Other than transmigration, this only reminded me of my previous life as Haneul Jung-yoon. Which was dull and boring, ordinary.

Although I act neutral about this as of now, with my current situation I just  don't know how to respond. What am I supposed to do when I am literally inside a game! They previously mentioned that life isn't a game so I shouldn't be making immature decisions.

But here I am laughing it off when my fate is decided by the otome game I played before. Life here is a game, so I can decide how it's played.

I learned that I, a legitimate daughter of the Emperor, don't have close relationships with any nobles other than my older brother. Not that they would want to be my friend after that incident. I don't blame them though,

I wouldn't want to be their friends also.

If I were to give in and turn soft, then that means I could be easily swayed and fooled by those cunning nobles. Brother would be disappointed in me.

Even though this isn't my body, it's natural for humans to rapidly adapt to any possible situation. And it happens so that I'm one of the few who doesn't have a purpose in life, always questioning why they were even born.

Sigh~ I expressed out a sigh while scanning through the handful of paperworks, I just couldn't imagine that even though Lilian is a princess her job is more complex than I thought... Signing papers were supposed to be the least of my worries.

I should be slacking off right now! I'm a favored princess so therefore I must act like one, spoiled to the rotten core.

Fake, crocodile tears came raining down my shiny red eyes as I planned on spending my allowance on useless things other than food, of course. I apparently wanted to brag about my father's wealth to those arrogant aristocrats. Ugh.

With a flick of my wrist, a diary magically appeared with small whiffs of smoke while I raised my good hand and started to admire the clean penmanship Lilian had. It is befitting of a proud noble Princess, courtly pleasing to look at.

No wonder the Emperor wanted Lilian to handle the internal court affairs instead of her problematic older brother. She was more skilled in this state and more reliable,

Although it isn't a trend to let a Princess take control of the royal court. Lilian Regulus was an exception, she was a prodigy in both magic and brains with a wisdom that  rivaled their ancestors.

Unfortunately, I don't possess either of that in my past life. Which makes it difficult for someone like me to adjust to. She is such a perfect character so why do I of all people have to take over her life!

My job now is more tiresome than the previous ones working as an employee in companies. No matter, at least in this world I can assure myself that magic may ease my boredom a little. I'll get used to it eventually. I titled my head a bit to stare at the clock, informing me that it was free time.

Sigh. With another sigh of hopelessness, I continued writing down the necessities in my diary as the quill pen glided smoothly on the paper. It was a rare opportunity for me to finally write something out of my own will.

I must take advantage of it!

...

Ok, now I'm curious. I'm curious as to why this man is in front of me right now, shouldn't he be doing something- important?

I remained calm on the outside but I knew better that I was shaking with fear on the inside.

"Sister,"

The man, the Callisto Regulus called for me in hopes of gaining my attention without him knowing I'm fully aware of his presence, and that I'm petrified to even move a muscle.

Yes. I know did hug this scary man and sort of welcomed him home, but that didn't meant I wasn't terrified if he were to figure out that I'm not his sister...

I'm dead. It's official, I died because I was out of character. Just how did the transmigrated MCs in novels act so natural in another body!

"What brings you here, brother?" A forced but still convincing smile made it's way to my nervous face. The diary; which contains top secret information about my daily life disappeared with trails of magic.

This unreasonable man- or should I say Callisto Regulus, my brother awkwardly rubbed his nape and it only adds my curiosity. "I was wondering if you're still busy, did I disturb?"

What.

I blinked. Then blinked again, staring at him as he said something so unusual. I wasn't sure what to say, react or anything. Why does he look so innocent in my eyes Is this Lilian's doing?! His expression is blinding my eyes.

I'm sure Siyeon could deal with this dilemma in her sleep! Such a shame she isn't here.

'did I disturb?' Yes. Yes you did!

"O-Oh Not at all! I've finished with father's order so it's no bother, honest!" See. See this cute face? surely you wouldn't want to kill your own sister! Even if I'm technically a different person, her body and face is currently controlled by me.

"That's wonderful then," Callisto smirked, his clean white teeth showing which I envied.

"Yes...?"

.....
🐰= I don't know what I'm doing.