Prologue

"Penelope... Isn't that such a lovely name, right Siyeon?"

"Guess so. I still prefer Lilian."

"Hahah, that's only because she reminds you of me!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She could sense their prying eyes digging holes and questioning her morality. If she uttered just one wrong word then her hard earned reputation would be for nothing. Even a simple event like a noble ladies' tea party will determine her worth.

"Your highness is beautiful today!"

"Not just today! Her highness is beautiful everyday!"

"Yes!"

"Indeed!"

Of course, she knew beforehand that it was all an act, as someone who grew up in an aristocratic family using flattery will always remain necessary considering it would be beneficial to earn backers and even higher ups like the the Imperial family.

Their sweet-talks and exaggerated smiles were far too obvious. No genuine praise would come from a group of prideful noble ladies. Two can play that game.

She raised the teacup in her hand and began sipping the tea with elegance.

Masking her emotions while returning a smile back at them. "I'm flattered, although please don't mind me and focus you're utmost attention to the host of our wonderful occasion!" A natural born pro at lying through the teeth.

They believed her without any circle of doubts and acted as if they were in awe of her blinding aura. It was laughable on how fake their welcomes to her were.

"Wouldn't that suffice, Duchess?" She turned her head to give the noble lady a side glance. Said woman blushed at her acknowledgment and replied.

"Yes, but the Princess doesn't need to use formalities so please feel free to call me by my name."

That's the point. I don't even know your name!

"And if possible, It would be an honour if the Princess and I were to become bestest friends!"

She inwardly scoffed, her introverted mentality urged her to exit the social gathering as if she was never there. Her facade broke as the infamous death glare welcomed the currently frightened noble womans.

Red eyes resembling the warm color of the liquid crimson known as blood stared deeply into their souls. The teacup in her hand was trembling with rage rather than fear.

"O-Only of course if the Princess doesn't mind?" The Duchess tried to calm the eerie atmosphere surrounding them because of a certain noble of Royalty.

She titled her head while sending them a bone-chiling smile. "I certainly do actually," Her frightening death glare reminded them of the Barbaric Prince's more sinister yet unforgettable ones.

Lilian Regulus, the most precious existence in the eyes of Callisto Regulus who was known to be the barbarian of the royal family, an infamous black sheep. Everyone knew that there was no one around expect for her who could stop him and his brutal virtues.

She's basically the Crown Prince's tranquilizer.

But what happens when the beast's tranquilizer herself would snap? That was what they were about to find out. Now, without a doubt, her reputation will be in shambles after this. Rumors spread fast around the Capital.

"I'm afraid the Duchess isn't aware, I'm not interested in befriending those who are lower than me."

I promised Siyeon that she will be my only friend and I'm not planning on breaking that promise, even if I die and reborn in a thousand lives.

With that, she raised up from her seat and left as if she was never there.

............
🐰= I rushed to write this prologue since I have to attend a school project later this afternoon and yes I intended to write this very short. Bye.