Chapter 4 Experience

Start from the beginning

Lesson Two: Know your enemy

A bolt of electricity struck an Eagle, and a ball of fire hit a Maya! Both Shadows cried out as they were wiped from existence! Angel lowered his palms and ducked, a Book flying overhead! He rose up and slammed his arm into the Shadow, hacking it in two before turning to Rio!

"Every Shadow has strengths and weaknesses! Hit that weakness and they'll be stunned!" He called out, Twins rushing towards him!

Meanwhile, two Tiara's chased down Iwasaki! She took a deep breath and drew her knife, letting them get just a bit closer before whirling around, slashing at the Shadows with the tanto! One Tiara evaded, but the other wasn't as lucky, the blade cutting through its side! It broke apart into a cloud of black and red as the other Tiara whipped itself towards the girl, Rio jumping away! The Shadow charged and she kicked off the ground, moving at crazy speeds as she jammed her knife into the Tiara! It's body vanished and the teen landed gracefully.

"Phew! This is a great workout!" Rio stood tall as she spotted another Shadow, this one beelining towards her! The Drive Shadow began to spin, knocking other Shadows as it neared her! "Weaknesses, huh? Let's see if you're weak to this!"

Rio Iwasaki clasped her hands together, a white aura emanating off her body as she called upon the powers of her soul!

Rising from the bright shine was the Ray of Light, the Intrepid Knight! The Shadow she purified the prior night howled as it reeled back it's lance, the tip shining blue!

Frei!

The Ray unleashed an azure sphere of nuclear energy, the ball of power crashing into the Drive Shadow and exploding, sending waves of force through its body and bringing it down!

"Woah, that's awesome!" Rio cheered, only to yelp as she found herself in midair, Angel clutching her to his side!

"Don't celebrate yet! We're still surrounded!" He commanded, firing a Mamudo to the street below! The ranks of their enemy were cut down as vicious violet markings and curses reached and grasped the Shadows, darkening until the monsters in their grasp were deleted! The Second-Year held on tight as they landed, Angel quickly setting her down and looking to the approaching horde.

Lesson Three: Shadows are everywhere

"That's a lot. . ." Iwasaki gulped fearfully, Akeboshi grasping his left wrist with his right hand and taking aim, the temperature rising as he conjured a powerful flame. . .

Agilao!

A blaze thrice as powerful as an Agi rushed out of his arm, striking the Shadows and creating a wall of flames!

"Watch my back. These things can come from virtually anywhere." He informed, the girl snapping out of her daze and rising to her feet.

"Right!" Her Ray returned to her, hovering over the teens.

The Shadows closed in, only to be met with their deaths. . . .

Lesson Four: Don't get hit
Lesson Five: Attack with purpose
Lesson Six: Watch your surroundings
Lesson Seven: Don't overexert yourself
Lesson Eight: Don't let your heart waver