Chapter 5 Warning

Start from the beginning

May 2nd, Saturday

At the break of dawn, the stars closest to Earth awoke. Angel Akeboshi was met by the day's first rays of sunlight.

Resting on his windowsill was the ethereal, crimson butterfly. . .

". . . Just. . . what are you. . .?"

The moment the after school bells rang, Angel was out the doors and on the first train to Iwatodai. Soon, he had returned to Naganaki Shrine. . .

. . . and walked through the gates to the Scarlet Room.

The world around him vanished in a shimmer of light as millions of glass shards began to float in an endless void. They began to collide, to put themselves together, to forge the labyrinth of mirrors. . .

The scarlet lights flashed to life as the guest of the Scarlet Room began to traverse the mirror maze.

". . . So you came." Tatsuya Suou greeted, seated with his legs propped up on the table.

"The Butterfly called me here." Akeboshi replied as he entered the room, his chair appearing at the snap of the host's fingers.

"I was hoping for that. I have no idea when the beacon comes and goes." The old guest of the Velvet Room sighed as he sat upright, gesturing for his own guest to have a seat.

"What's this about Suou-"

"Tatsuya. Call me Tatsuya." The Man in Red requested, the boy in front of him blinking in shock for a moment before slowly nodding. . .

"Call me Angel, then. . . What's going on, Tatsuya?"

The resident of the Scarlet Room took a deep breath, the mirrors forming the walls of the chamber becoming translucent, blurry, the glass shrouded in fog. . .

"I've told you before, I don't know much, nor can I venture into your world. . ." Tatsuya began, the mist atop the mirrors churning, clearing ever so slightly. "As you can see, I have quite a lot of time on my hands. . . And a lot of mirrors reflecting my face back at me."

Angel stood, approaching one of the many fog covered mirrors. . . and seeing the feint, barely noticeable semi-circle displayed on the other side of the glass.

". . . It's a moon. . ." Akeboshi realized. It was a half-moon, just like the night prior.

"Every month, after the Third Quarter Moon, the mirrors become like this, and countdown to the Full Moon before turning back into ordinary mirrors. . ." Suou glanced up to the light on the ceiling, his hazel eyes reflecting the deep scarlet. "The Full Moon is important, but I don't have the means to discover how important, or what they even mean."

"So you want me to find out?" The guest inquired, tearing his eyes away from the reflective glass.

"Well, yes. But again, we don't know what they mean." The man shook his head. "Its very clearly a sign of something, but what that is, is beyond me. It could very well be a warning. You have to be careful."

Tatsuya met Angel's gaze, eyes filled to the brim with worry.

Prepare yourself.
For anything, Angel.