Trespassers

Chris thankfully didn't suspect anything when he saw the position me and Nate were in. He had just set the cupcakes down on the coffee table and sat in between us.

Now here we were watching Halloween on the TV and just filling our stomachs with candies and other junk food we had gotten at the store a few days prior. It was close to being 1 am and I was starting to get tired but I forced my eyes to stay open. We were going to be skipping schools anyways tomorrow so I wanted to make staying up all night worth it.

Suddenly, I hear a crack on the window and I see that something had hit it. I look to Chris but he didn't seem to notice because his eyes were glued to the TV. It wasn't until something had hit the window again that his head turned to the window and got up. Me and Nate get up too and go to the window, we see a yellow blob dripping down the window and look to the outside and see these three teenagers dressed in letterman jackers but they had masks on. I look closely to the jackets and see that their from our school's football team.

"Fuck, Chris they're football players from our school" I say to him.

"I know" He says and he goes to the front door and open it. Me and Nate go next to him. I look at our trees and see toilet paper all over the branches. Looks like they also teepee our trees.

"What do your fuckers want?!" Chris yells to them.

"Just giving the haunted house a little decoration!" One of them yells and they throw an egg at Chris. The egg hits him in the chest and he goes back into the house and into the storage closet.

Oh shit Chris please don't kill them

"Yo Nate" Another one of the football player says and me and Nate turn to him.

"You still owe me some coke asshole" He says and they throw an egg at Nate now. The football players laugh while I look up at Nate.

"Of course you owe someone something like that" I say coldly to him and Chris comes speed walking pass me and grabs Nate.

"Autumn call the police and tell them what's going on" Is all he says holding a baseball bat and him and Nate go running after the players.

I start to panic and quickly go back into the house to grab my phone and dial 911.

"911, what's your emergency?" I hear the operator ask.

"Um hi my name is Autumn Ward, my address is 145 River Street. A few of the football players from my school were egging my house and my brother decided to grab a baseball bat and him and his friend went running after the football players" I explain to the operator.

"Okay what's your brothers and his friends name?" She asks.

"My brother is Christian Ward and his friend is Nathan Owens" I answer.

"Do you know the names of the football players?" She asks.

"No they were wearing Halloween masks" I answer.

"We have police officers going to your location, keep an eye out for your brother and the friend" She says.

"Alright, thank you" I say and we both hang up the phone. I look out the window but don't see Chris nor Nate.

A few minutes pass and I see a cop car park at the house, I go outside to speak to the police officer but stop walking when I see who the officer is.

"Hello Autumn" He says when he sees me.

"Officer Carter..." I say quietly.

"How's your Mom?" He asks.

"Fine" I say.